No announcement yet.

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not the one I really wanted, but I’ll take it on the last day after a long season.
    Gregg Co. Longview city buck.

Dodged my corn pile and slipped behind me headed to bed around 7:30 this morning, finally got a clear shot through the timber at about 35 yards. He piled up head first into a tree nearly at my trail entrance. Made for a short drag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Wrapped it up tonight and literally pushed it to the end. Probably one of the strangest seasons I've had. We didnt take a single buck home. We all had opportunities but it either wasn't the right deer or shot wasnt right.

My son made me proud by essentially bow hunting the whole season. He finally picked up a rifle this weekend and aired a doe and a pig. Wife made the last shot tonight on a big red boar. Little ole 223 does it again

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
          Not the one I really wanted, but I’ll take it on the last day after a long season.
          Gregg Co. Longview city buck.

Dodged my corn pile and slipped behind me headed to bed around 7:30 this morning, finally got a clear shot through the timber at about 35 yards. He piled up head first into a tree nearly at my trail entrance. Made for a short drag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          I saw that buck on FB. I had no idea that was you. Congrats!

By the way I’m the guy who made the comment about the deer thinking he’d made it through the season unscathed.

Comment

Congratulations men! It has been a tough and unusual season for sure. Already planning for next year and have some good up and comers on the camera already.

Comment

Well I’m giving it one last hoorah for the season this afternoon. Our club cuts the season off on January 31 anyway so this will be it. It’s been a tough season at the lease but I’ve got lots of things planned for next year so I’m excited about getting started.

Comment

Well I’m giving it one last hoorah for the season this afternoon. Our club cuts the season off on January 31 anyway so this will be it. It’s been a tough season at the lease but I’ve got lots of things planned for next year so I’m excited about getting started.

Comment

Just got a picture of a fawn in San Jacinto County, meaning the doe was bread approx. Sept. 25.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                    Just got a picture of a fawn in San Jacinto County, meaning the doe was bread approx. Sept. 25.

She must’ve been bred in the second rut...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Too bad all those people who make fun of guys who claim to see rutting activity in late September can’t be forced to see this. I’ve seen Bucks chasing does in 100 degree weather.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
                        Too bad all those people who make fun of guys who claim to see rutting activity in late September can’t be forced to see this. I’ve seen Bucks chasing does in 100 degree weather.

On the property I used to hunt I would see more buck activity/rutting in mid to late September rather than mid to late November

Comment

2 years ago I had a pic of a buck breeding a doe on like march 15th !
                          Them east Texas bucks chase some tail ,hardcore like some Ballers LOL !

Comment

Comment

Heck yeah! Pig of a body!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Disregard, this thread bump had me thinking this was 2019 thread

Comment

Working...
                                X