Allowing the Turks to take out our allies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allowing the Turks to take out our allies

BEIRUT (AP) — Syria's Kurds accused the U.S. of turning its back on its allies and risking gains made in the fight against the Islamic State group as American troops began pulling back on Monday from positions in northeastern Syria ahead of an expected Turkish assault.

Folks, what have we become? There were some underhanded maneuvers during the cold war but all and all we were on the side of right. We need to get back to living up to the values that made our country great.

I say bring our 1,000 fighting men home.. The fighting over there has been going on since the beginning of time.. They love killing each other..
    It will never stop or be stopped.. Let GOD sort it out..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
      I say bring our 1,000 fighting men home.. The fighting over there has been going on since the beginning of time.. They love killing each other..
      ditto

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        Truth here. They will never stop fighting each other.

Comment

This probably seals the fate of the Kurds. Probably our best and toughest allies in the region.

Comment

I incorrectly assumed the Kurds were Christian, and that is why we supported them. But upon further research they are 98% Sunni Muslim.

And Turkey is - "98.3% of Turks revealed they were Muslim. Most Muslims in Turkey are Sunnis forming about 80.5%"

So, I guess I cant really figure out what they are killing each over and why we got involved in the first place?

Comment

I know nothing about the Kurd history so I got no personal opinion. I am surprised that we have some highly respected people coming out against this.
              The question I have though is did we have a end strategy plan with the Kurds that we are backing out of? ...or are we supposed to fight at there side till end of time because we buddies?

Comment

From what I understand, the Kurds are a people without a nation. They inhabit some of Turkey, Syria, Iran and Iraq. They would like to claim all of their territory and turn it into their own nation, which would take their land away from the other countries that currently claim it. The Turks and others in those neighboring countries have never treated the Kurds well. The Kurds were our allies in fighting ISIS, but the Turks still hate the Kurds whether they hate ISIS or not.

If anybody can ever figure out how to get all the muslims to quit hating and fighting everybody and each other, it would be a miracle.

Comment

I'm torn in that if we turn our backs on them after they helped us defeat ISIS I fear they will be slaughtered and yet I want our guys to come home. If we leave I think it will only be a matter of time before we have to return and when we do how hard will it be to build alliances when those in that region know we will turn our backs on them at a moment's notice.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                    I know nothing about the Kurd history so I got no personal opinion. I am surprised that we have some highly respected people coming out against this.
                    The question I have though is did we have a end strategy plan with the Kurds that we are backing out of? ...or are we supposed to fight at there side till end of time because we buddies?
                    Remember those people that were gassed by Sadaam in northern Iraq? Those were the Kurds.

Shane hit most of the rest of the story.

They're also the people doing much of the fighting against ISIS in Syria and Iraq. The Kurdish militia in Syria is called the YPG, and Turkey has designated them terrorists because of their ties to the Kurdistan Workers Party in Turkey, an insurgent group in Turkey.

So the US troops embedded with YPG are the only thing keeping Turkey from crossing the Syrian border and wiping them out. Since we're pulling our troops, they're f'd.

Since Erdogan has cemented his power and moved Turkey into more a hardline of Islam, I don't see things going well for the kurds there either.

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                      I'm torn in that if we turn our backs on them after they helped us defeat ISIS I fear they will be slaughtered and yet I want our guys to come home. If we leave I think it will only be a matter of time before we have to return and when we do how hard will it be to build alliances when those in that region know we will turn our backs on them at a moment's notice.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
                      Taking out ISIS benefitted them waaayy more than it benefitted us....
                      I don't want to lose anymore of our warriors fighting over that POS sand box. Enough is enough... Bring them home and if the Kurds can't take the land they want on their own then they had better conform...

Don't start no Sh$t and there want be no Sh$t!!!!
                      When everyone on this planet is dead those idiots will still be fighting over worthless sand...

They are never happy.. Muslims come here to escape that Sh$t hole and try do start the same Sh$t here.... They are all crazy!!

Comment

Aren’t the Turks and the Kurds both our Allies? Aren’t we conducting operations within a country that does not want us there?

Its the American way folks !

Pull Out, from experience!

Ain’t no good live moon god worshiper

Comment

Anybody know exactly what the Kurds were promised?? Cause I doubt they were promised that we would help them fight the Turks. All that **** hole other wise known as the sand box is a mess that we need to stay out of.

Comment

Pedernal,

The answer could be they are to agitate the Turks to destabilize the current leader. Usually any force we back has several missions.

Meanwhile the deep state tells us how much safer America is for us to stay there but we don’t do dammit about our own crime at home.

Comment

From my understanding of history, (I may be incorrect) The Ottoman Empire (basically today’s Middle East and Turkey) never should’ve entered the great war on the Central powers side. It was weakened when it entered and the war was the final nail in the coffin.. (it also had the help of a Brit agent that was in Arabia helping start civil unrest (ts Lawrence of Lawrence of Arabia fame)
                              Anyway, when the empire was split up (mainly by the Brits and French, aka, the victors) into the countries we know today, the powers that be weren’t considering ethnicities, religions, or Sunni/Shiite . The Kurds pretty much got the short end of the stick and their native lands they’ve inhabited for generations were split amongst all the countries today that hate each other. (Hence Kurds in Syria, Iraq, turkey)

Comment

Working...
                              X