Swiveling Game Hoist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swiveling Game Hoist

I needed (wanted) a pole mounted game hoist but did not want to weld or drill into the corner pole of my pole shed. I also wanted the hoist to swivel so that I could work either out from under the shed or under the shed when raining. Here is what I came up with -- gate hinges, 4 mounted up and 1 (top one) mounted down so the hoist could not slip off. Hope to try it out soon!

Add in some way to lock it in position, some I've used were like running a mini marathon chasing the deer around the pole.

Comment

Dont think that will be a problem. While it swivels, there is a good bit of friction. Guess the 5 hinges, each exerting tension, gives it enough friction so that it doesn't easly swivel.

Comment

Pics?

Comment

What, are you not seeing the pics? I see pics on my screen.

Comment

No pics here either.

Comment

That's strange. They show up on my screen when this page is opened up. They were uploaded to my album on this website and then inserted from there to this thread. Perhaps a moderator can chime in?

Comment

No pics on mine

Comment

Originally posted by McClain View Post
                  I needed (wanted) a pole mounted game hoist but did not want to weld or drill into the corner pole of my pole shed. I also wanted the hoist to swivel so that I could work either out from under the shed or under the shed when raining. Here is what I came up with -- gate hinges, 4 mounted up and 1 (top one) mounted down so the hoist could not slip off. Hope to try it out soon!

I saw someone quote a message that the pics weren't showing to make them show up so I'm attempting this...

Didn't work.... It shows where the pics were added though.

Comment

I can see the pictures within you quote. Sorry guys, have no idea why this is not working.

Comment

Ok, let's try this once more. Can someone please let me know if these pics are visible?

Comment

I see all pics on my end.

Good idea, OP.

Comment

I can see them now! That is great work!

Comment

Nice build, that will work!
                            I can see all the pics btw from my PC.

Comment

Thanks guys !

Comment

Working...