No announcement yet.

Social Media Police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This also shows the stupid part about the 13" AR restriction. I get the idea of the AR, but this is CLEARLY a Mature Buck. I know this is not the norm and most mature bucks will be over the 13" mark pretty easily, but it comes down to the letter of the law vs the spirit of the law. Common sense has to prevail at some point.
    ( I know he's just over 13", but just a perfect example that the law is flawed )

Comment

What a sad sack of $heat rooster sucker of a person...
      You are less than a Hillary Loving, Liberal, PETA member.

Comment

Just got done with all 7 pages of the bobcat thread, unbelievable!!!! Some people are pathetic. I don't care if you shoot 10 bobcats, that's none of my business...

Comment

I for one an glad that someone called on you. It's just not right that you get to have all those horns and my deer didn't have any. You already have 86 Antlers isn't that enough?

Congrats.
          Last edited by Hoggslayer; 10-07-2019, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Wow. Just wow. Some peoples kids.

Comment

Maybe they were upset you said it was wide enough by 2/8" instead of 1/4"? LOL, congrats, cool lookin' deer.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                This also shows the stupid part about the 13" AR restriction. I get the idea of the AR, but this is CLEARLY a Mature Buck. I know this is not the norm and most mature bucks will be over the 13" mark pretty easily, but it comes down to the letter of the law vs the spirit of the law. Common sense has to prevail at some point.
                ( I know he's just over 13", but just a perfect example that the law is flawed )
                Warden stated before he ever laid eyes on the deer that it looked mature. Purpose of the law is to prevent 2-3 yr old bucks from being killed. If you have a deer that is mature, good history and even close to 13” DO NOT be afraid to ask your local warden for permission.

We are NOT MLD on this property. Yes it was a HF deer. Just because you see a HF place doesn’t mean they can shoot whatever and do whatever they want inside the fence. We follow all state laws and hunting regulations. Difference is the bucks can reach full potential with age and nutrition. MLD is used in many HF and LF operations. From what I have read here, book of faces and other hunting related pages it’s sad to see how many hunters have no clue on some things hunting related. They see a guy post a deer with a gun and comment “it’s not gun season yet”. Even if it’s not your thing we as hunters should be supporting one another and not bashing/question. Now if you see suspicious activity as far as poaching etc then yes turn their a** in and let the wardens do their job.

I manage this place part time 3 miles from my home. The owner has blessed me with more than I can ever imagine. He knew I had a love for the outdoors and 3 months after working for him gave me permission to shoot this deer. I didn’t want to at the time and felt like he was really close to ARs. The more I watched and had encounters with him the more I thought he would easily make it. Multiple pics with his head in an 8” protein tube, etc. When he shed velvet he looked even better. I can guarantee you this, if he wouldnt have been 13” I would have made the call myself, paid the fine if cited and still be tickled for this opportunity.

If your here to steal people’s thunder and be jealous of others then move along elsewhere. This place is a brotherhood where we all should be able to come and share our outdoor experiences without negativity towards one another. If you don’t like HF or know anything regarding MLD then why post. Everything I apply on the 2 ranches I manage I do no different than my 214 acre LF tract at home. You give me 3-5 yrs and I will grow just as big of a deer with maturity and nutrition.

I’m proud of this deer, did my homework patterning him and he put up one heck of a cat and mouse game. I lost sleep, (didn’t cry), felt sick to my stomach like any other hunter would over a deer. I set a goal to make it more challenging with Trad Gear and couldn’t make it happen. Still took him with archery gear and the adrenaline pumping Buck Fever felt the same as any other deer I have shot! Most importantly my freezer is filled!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                  And obviously on an MLD. the other bucks in the photo prove it is not free range. Good gosh.
                  That was a different deer but yes they were MLD on that property.

Comment

That's some sorry piece of **** right there. Guy I know has a youtube channel and real big on Instagram. He posted a little buck on his page and some tool commented and tagged fish and wildlife saying it was illegal. The little d bag didn't know it was an MLD tag deer...

Comment

I find it kinda crazy that people automatically assume jealousy and the like - This is a very popular place. Ton of lurkers and haters.

I could easily see someone who doesn't like hunting, or someone who just wants to stir up ish do something like contact a GW.

Can't let different people get in the way of us sharing and having some fun.

Comment

Working...
                      X