No announcement yet.

Edwards/Real Counties Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acorns were dropping heavy while I was there, could certainly play a part to it.

Comment

I had fat acorns falling last weekend but I was still having my daily visits from the resident bucks at the feed pen.
      I wont make it out until next weekend

Comment

I had a great weekend, wasn't too hot and there was a pretty good breeze pretty much the entire time. I shot and missed a doe from one of our tree stands. I just shot up underneath her.

We have seen more rattle snakes in the past 3 months than the past 3 years combined. Not sure if it is just a coincidence but it is alarming for sure. Most have been coiled up in a small divot in the ground. Ended up killing 3 this weekend but saw 5. I would strongly suggest that people get snake boots. I know they are expensive but in the grand scheme of things it is cheap insurance.

Comment

Edwards/Real Counties Hunting Thread

We hardly see rattle snakes but when we do, it’s always around camp. I’ve been wanting to go spray some gas in the rock crevices in the draws though.. might get pretty western.

Headed out tomorrow and considering staying until Monday or Tuesday because of the weather change that is coming. Have 3 more camera to put up which will bring the total to 8 for this property. 1/2 cams on feeders 1/2 are on water or active trails.

The cams over water have snapped some really neat pics this year.

Last edited by Patton; 10-03-2019, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Passed on a Doe opening day. She busted me taking this picture though.
            Attached Files

Comment

First sit of the season. I bumped some axis on the way in but let's see if my 2 target bucks show up

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

Patton,

That Audad is a beast!

Comment

Been at the property since Wednesday night, neither my brother in law or myself have seen anything. Tons of corn piled up at the feeders. We took a quick walk around to some oak trees and the acorns are definitely falling.

Comment

I cant count to 10 without hearing an acorn fall this morning

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

Was hot as hell this past weekend, Saturday night it seemed to heat up as it got darker. Headed back this weekend and the weather looks very exciting (other than the moon).

Same here SharpStick. I can also cover up 10+ acorns on the ground with one foot/boot.

Thanks Ford, there are some big ones out there. I’d like to stick one with my bow, and we are trying to sell a few hunts to cover some feed costs/lower aoudad numbers.

Edit: Either TapaTalk 'Medium Size' Images have changed or I forgot how to post pictures the right size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Patton; 10-07-2019, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Patton,

If you decide to sell a few hunts please send a pm. I’m located In junction and would interested in this.

Comment

PM sent last week

Got back from the ranch last night. The cold weather really had the animals moving this weekend. I got to full draw 4 times on whitetail while stalking around but couldn’t seal the deal. Also had the best day of elk hunting and activity that I have ever had. Called in some young bulls to <35 yrds and got in a screaming match with a monster that was under 100 yrds; just too thick to slip in on him. Later discovered he had a cow with him which is why he wouldn’t come out.

Whitetail rut is a ways off but the sika were bugling this weekend as well. No dice calling any in.

Comment

We got some much needed rain at our place Saturday evening. Acorns made for some slow hunting for the other guys on the lease that went this past weekend. Fortunately/unfortunately there are still a bunch of acorns in the trees. I know they are good for the deer but I sure do wish they would drop another time of year.

Comment

Went to the ranch this weekend to check cameras and do some trimming along the road. Weather was great, really has the animals moving.

Saw several nice hill country bucks at the feeders despite a lot of acorns being in the ground.

Oh, we have a few aoudad. Going back next weekend end to see if we can thin them out a little. I have video of those suckers charging deer, and running them off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunted this past weekend. Great weather but Hunting was very slow. Acorns I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X