Light bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
    I'd like to see pics when you get it done. And everyone else too. Just picked up an HD8 and would like to add some lights. Where I park it is tight so on top of the roof not a good option.
    Rooftop is not an option for me either. It’s a plastic roof, but even if it were steel, I’d probably just knock it off. I had a steel roof on my Ranger, made by a welder friend of mine, and I’m thinking about doing the same thing on this Defender. It solves a couple of problems for me. I had some overhang front and back that would keep a light rain off of me, and allowed me to mount a small winch on the underside of the roof in order to winch a deer or hog up into the bed. I could easily mount the light bar under the front roof then. When I get it done, I’ll post some pics.

Thanks for all of the replies.

Comment

Look on eBay for some mounts that go around the roll cage. I believe they’re made for the cube lights but I made it work with a 50” or 52” lightbar with the mounts on the side of the bar.

That’s what I bought because I didn’t want to drill holes or have it on top of the roof.

Have you checked into the colored lens covers? Search on amazon or eBay and they make various colored lens that slide or snap over the lightbar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I can't help you on the roof/front light bar. I have a Battle Armour roof (alum) and mounted mine to that.

But I also had one of those green 3ft led strips (that goes on that side of a kayak) laying around the last few years. I ended up installing it as an interior light and it turned out really handy.

Comment

Don’t go with cheap chinese stuff off eBay. It will quit on ya.

Comment

Working...
          X