Amber Guyger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
    Pretty sure the department manual doesn't say "Text your boyfriend 'I fu**ed up. Hurry, I need you.'" while the "threat" bleeds out on the floor.

Easily half the reason she got convicted is her behavior after the shooting.

The question of what is taught to be done after shooting someone is has already been answered by an LEO.

If that factored into their decision then emotion was a factor in their decision (like many on here) and not wholly the facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
      And, on cue, the riots have begun.
      Where are you seeing this?

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
        They're blocking traffic in Dallas. DPD is following them & not allowing them to continue blocking traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
          So you didn't watch any of it..(figured) Yet you call others "blowhards" LOL

Amazing

Oh and I'm 100% positive of how I would react if someone murdered my brother, in his house, in cold blood..

Don’t worry, my reading comprehension is clearly better than yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dale moser View Post
            don’t worry, my reading comprehension is clearly better than yours.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
            lmbo

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post

Wbap, and fox4.

Dominique alexander, went on record before the trial started, calling for protest

The merry band of idiots started at Lew Sterrit with calls to break in and take over the jail. Deputies in riot gear quickly changed their minds.

This is the same idiot who organized the BLM march several years ago. We know how that ended.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                “There are people serving life terms behind stealing a loaf of bread needed to feed their families, while Amber gets 10yrs for murder.”

I assume you are using hyperbole to make a point because that is beyond ridiculous. If I am wrong please provide references. The average time served in this country for murder is just over 14 years.
                LOTS of hyperbole in this discussion...

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                  I’m not defending her in any way. But I **** sure not going to judge someone who panicked in a shooting. I’ve never never and killed someone on accident but much less on purpose. But my brother who is law enforcement and ex military has told me stories of soldiers who have made accidental shootings/killings in battle react this way. They react to the mistake not to the act and are seaking guidance. Never been In the that situation so I won’t judge
                  That is correct in my opinion.

From the beginning of this and when I heard her statements, I said that people would not understand her mindset. So I showed a few officers her statements. They all basically answered...... And? Like, so what.

Having never been in the military, I would venture to guess there have been many intended career members that screwed up (including uses of deadly for e) and their first thoughts or words were, crap I just lost my career.

I would guess that Guyger has seen over 100 dead bodies including likely talking to someone as they were dying. I doesn’t hold the same shock or emotion as someone who doesn’t deal in related fields like police, firefighters, military who have seen combat, trauma workers (nurse, EMS, doctor, etc) and so on.

I can’t find the older video of the guy that shoots himself in the head while on camera in the police station in an interview room. A detective walks back in a few moments later and on seeing the dead guy with pouring blood from a head wound says something like..., Awww #¥.€<... and grabs his keys and calmly walls out. His reaction isn’t to rush to the guy’s aid, call EMS or anything of that sort. It is to get his keys out of the scene before it is locked down.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                    And, on cue, the riots have begun.
                    What are they rioting for?? She was convicted of murder, isn’t that what the pubic wanted?? I guess it goes to show you that nothing will ever be good enough to satisfy the extreme left mindset

Comment

This released just out this morning. A cop answers a medical alert alarm, sees a man with a gun through a window..... and shoots the innocent homeowner. No charges filed. The homeowner on video says, someone rang my doorbell at midnight so I walk toward the door in my own home... and get shot by the police.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                        This released just out this morning. A cop answers a medical alert alarm, sees a man with a gun through a window..... and shoots the innocent homeowner. No charges filed. The homeowner on video says, someone rang my doorbell at midnight so I walk toward the door in my own home... and get shot by the police.

https://youtu.be/45n-QRBR0sA
                        Wow...

Comment

That is correct in my opinion.

From the beginning of this and when I heard her statements, I said that people would not understand her mindset. So I showed a few officers her statements. They all basically answered...... And? Like, so what.

Having never been in the military, I would venture to guess there have been many intended career members that screwed up (including uses of deadly for e) and their first thoughts or words were, crap I just lost my career.

I would guess that Guyger has seen over 100 dead bodies including likely talking to someone as they were dying. I doesn’t hold the same shock or emotion as someone who doesn’t deal in related fields like police, firefighters, military who have seen combat, trauma workers (nurse, EMS, doctor, etc) and so on.

I can’t find the older video of the guy that shoots himself in the head while on camera in the police station in an interview room. A detective walks back in a few moments later and on seeing the dead guy with pouring blood from a head wound says something like..., Awww #¥.€<... and grabs his keys and calmly walls out. His reaction isn’t to rush to the guy’s aid, call EMS or anything of that sort. It is to get his keys out of the scene before it is locked down.
                          100% spot on. Until you've shot and killed someone, no one knows how they'll actually react. I like how the state had their cake and ate it too. She wasn't afforded typical case law in reference to a police shooting yet they expected her to act like an officer with life saving measures. So which is it? I think the sentence was exactly what was warranted. His brother showed an amount of grace that I can honestly say I've never seen before. Their parents did an amazing job of raising two outstanding men.

Comment

Didn't click the links, but this sounds like something that should be prosecuted to me.

Also, seems another reason to never call the police. The "trained professionals" appear to be as big or bigger threat to people than criminals

Comment

That's pretty messed up. I'm going to go shopping for sidelight curtains now...

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                                Wow, that gave me chills

Comment

Working...
                                X