Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How crazy does PINS get during Sharkathon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only asking because we have had a trip planned for a while and enjoy the solitude. Turns out we picked Sharkathon weekend to head down there. Any chance of finding some beach to camp on and not have immediate neighbors? Still could be a fun weekend so I'm not too worried and checking out the rigs should be fun.

Not sure now as I haven't been in 8+ years, but it used to be a pretty crowded event. Lots of people and fun to be had for sure

Comment

Crazy. Plan on people passing through your area all hours, day and night. Haven’t been in a few years, but it is the busiest weekend of the year. You will always have someone within sight of your camp.

Comment

I only fished it once. It was an experience. Tons of peopl but I think most of the teams fished way down the beach. We only went about 15 miles down if memory serves and we didn’t have another camp in sight.

Comment

Great. I was headed down that weekend to camp. Might have to reconsider.

Comment

Plan to have people driving by camp most of the time while your down there. The immediate neighbor thing is hard to judge but the beach is usually pretty packed. I’ve fished it a few times and have decided not to be anywhere down PINS that weekend, especially if my intentions were to relax and enjoy the serenity of PINS.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback y’all. We might divert to Mustang Island SP. We will see.

Comment

It’s like one of those Sharknado movies with a bunch of sausages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                  It’s like one of those Sharknado movies with a bunch of sausages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmm. How could I pass up a scene like that.

Comment

I heard 800 teams...not a place I would be!!

Comment

Past three years hasn't been too bad.
                      I think opening the area all the to way Port A jetties (minus Mustang SP) has helped to spread the teams out.
                      The last three years, we could see the camps north and south of us, but they weren't what I would call close.

But, yes, quite a bit more than on a normal weekend.
                      And that equals to lots of vehicle traffic.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X