Baby copperhead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby copperhead?

Came home a few mins ago and this was on my front porch. Had the camera but couldn't get the flash on, and by the time I got something to kill it with, he was gone. I am in the middle of town, but I have a large live oak tree, and lots of cicadas this year. Need to get my boots on, a good light and go back out looking. He was probably on the porch for bugs, I keep a light on all night. sorry, poor pic.
    Attached Files

Need a clearer pic to be sure...

Comment

If it's a baby, should have a yellow colored tail, or at least the ones I have seen in the past did. I am no expert though.

Comment

Rat snake

Comment

Whatever kind it is it will be dead if I find it. My wife is threatening not to go to work as she would have to walk right by where I saw it.
          I cannot believe the pop up flash on the camera wouldn't come up. Need to find out what that was about too.

Comment

Rat snake

Comment

Can we get a more blurry pic?

Comment

Nope

Comment

Rat snake

Comment

Sorry about the pic, I had my Nikon on a strap around my neck, and I couldn't get the flash to pop up. With flash I would have gotten an excellent pic. If he is a rat snake, he better be careful, he aint big enough to eat a suckling mouse. Maybe a foot long. The head was in shadow, couldn't see it at all. Pretty big shock to walk up to the house, and seeing what I was sure was a copperhead on my porch. I have been in this house over 50 years, and only earth snakes and garter snakes. Some years we get green anoles, and fence lizards, always have the little geckos at night. Never anything venomous, heck maybe still never. If I see him again we will get positive id.

Comment

Rat snake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, rat snake, good snake to have around.

Comment

To long to be copper head, rat snake. I’d leave him alone if you can stand it. Not bad snakes to have around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Chicken snake..... baby copperheads will have a yellow tail

Comment

Gabby copperheads have a bright green ta

Comment

Working...
                              X