No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

havent had any monsters on tc yet. mostly spikes an puny 4's. I ha one little 6 come in opening morning. The spikes gotta go!!

Comment

if i ever figure out how to post pics on here i will post some pics have not seen any monsters but have got one nice buck and some pigs
      Attached Files

Comment

ok think i figured it out maybe

Comment

pigs last year
          Attached Files

Comment

Good looking buck... Good looking bacon...

Comment

so i guess no one is having any luck out at the Buttes have not seen any news on here last night in the state park tonight hoping to shank a fat pig

Comment

Got some pics of a couple decent bucks, but haven't gotten a shot yet

Comment

well got my wish shanked a pig tonight finally got to go back in and try to recover tomorrow was late and where it ran to there was a big sal and some piglets so did not really want to mess around in the brush plus was not sure my pig was done yet hope so thought i heard it crash in some brush

Comment

Well anything going out at the buttes seems like everyone shutdown talking about it?

Comment

Theives got my **** camera from out at TBR... Been there for 4 months no issues... The some tampoon chewer decided to jack my camera, karmas a bitc h though... So no worries new camera already back up.... My mature bucks have changed their pattern and have opt out of eating my free corn offerings... Gonna change game plan and hunt trails and attempt some rattling... Anyone take a big 8 or a decent 10 out of area 4?

Comment

Can't stand a thief! Who's got a feeder up on the outskirts of the big pecan trees on the back side of I think it's three across the river?

Comment

Originally posted by JDVerfurth View Post
                          Theives got my **** camera from out at TBR... Been there for 4 months no issues... The some tampoon chewer decided to jack my camera, karmas a bitc h though... So no worries new camera already back up.... My mature bucks have changed their pattern and have opt out of eating my free corn offerings... Gonna change game plan and hunt trails and attempt some rattling... Anyone take a big 8 or a decent 10 out of area 4?
                          Dang JD...that sucks!

Probably got snapped hunting your set-up and swiped the camera.

Comment

Hey guys I'm back from deployment and its been a few years since I've been able to hunt TBR. How has everything been? Are there any changes? I am planning on coming out the first week of Dec to camp and hunt.

Comment

I was hunting area 4 when i came across a private property sign. It was hung on a make shift fence which was a wire tied to two trees with a t post half way. But it was kind of in the middle of nowhere, no other fences around it and close to the road that leads to section III. I heard that one time someone had made a "quail research" sign and posted in area I trying to keep others out of their hunting spot. So was I close to private property or was someone trying to hide thier honey hole? What sucked was the deer tracks picked up at that spot

Comment

I've been all over the southern half of area 4 this season and I haven't come across anything like that. Could you be more specific? I have a question as well about a small area in area 4 that is fenced but has no signs of any kind. But I need to figure out how to get photos on here so I can show everyone what I'm talking about. Its the hump on the area 4 map just north and north west of whites dam. There is a field and some brush with huge trees. Anyone know about this? Oh, I drove up on what looked like a duck hunter on accident yesterday morning (Monday). Sorry dude. I got out of there as fast as I could. And I see a lot of people on here talking about trail cams. I've never noticed one and if I did, I wouldn't touch it. Those things are not cheap. If I walked in front of yours then I'm sorry. To all of the thieves, karmas gonna get you.
                                I have found tons of deer but no hogs.
                                I had another question. I found a HUGE herd of sheep that had a MONSTER ram at the head of it. Anyone know who that belongs to? I know about the cattle belonging to someone and him letting them graze there. But I've never heard anyone talk about sheep. So whats the deal?

Comment

Working...
                                X