Best Bowstrings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Bowstrings?

I have a Mathews VXR and it has the factory Zebra strings. What is the best to replace them with in your opinion?

I just had a set of Phantom Bowstrings put on my bow and so far I really like them. 2 year warranty and you do not have to wax them.

Comment

Originally posted by Walding1989 View Post
      I just had a set of Phantom Bowstrings put on my bow and so far I really like them. 2 year warranty and you do not have to wax them.
      No wax huh? I might just have to check those out. Are they custom?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwayn34 View Post
        No wax huh? I might just have to check those out. Are they custom?

Comment

The best I have used is 60X. The set I have right now are almost 4 years old and shoot as good as they did when they were made. I would be swapping them out this year but planning on getting a new bow.

Comment

ABB what I have on my vxr. Love them and great customer service

Comment

Thanks fellas! Y’all made it a tough decision. No waxing sounds great though. I will definitely check them all out.

Comment

I don't know if they are still around but I had the guy in Kerens replace my backup bow with what was called prostring years ago and its been a great string, my primary has a ABB on it.

Comment

I've been using 60X on my stuff for years. Between my rigs and customer bows probably close to 50-60 sets, with great results. GAS are also great as well as JBK, you just have to be aware of lead times these days. If you need a set in a week then the list gets real short, 60X still ships within that time frame.

Comment

I have had great luck with 60x.

Comment

I have used 60x a bunch. They are great. I recently put a GAS set on my vxr. They have been perfect so far.

Comment

60x for me also

Comment

I used wicked threads. I went with the bloodline material, also no waxing. Great set of strings and cables

Comment

JBK, Wicked Threads and Phantom(Crackers) are great choices. IMO
                            I’m a big fan of the bloodline Vec99 no wax strings.

Comment

Last set was 60X and they have served me well

The no wax has my interest

Comment

Working...
                              X