New Bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Bow

Went to the range yesterday with my father-in-law and we were talking about new bows. I have been wanting a new bow but my bow shoots just fine so no need for it. About 5 minutes later I draw back and hear a loud pop, I let the bow back down and look around. The lower limb is completely cracked. Since my bow is a 2011 Martin Saber I don't think it possible to get new limbs. Looks like I will be getting a new bow soon.

Top 3 bows that I want to try: Hoyt Ventum 30, Mathew V3 31 and Elite Enkore. Any suggestions or thoughts?
    Attached Files

Dang not cool!
    I have a Ventum 33 and love it. Chose the 33 because I also have a Triax which is short ATA. The Hoyt is a dream to shoot. Have not pulled back the V3 but hear lots of good things also.

Comment

Coming from a Mathews shooter, i don’t see much advantage of the newer Mathews over the Triax I already shoot.
      That being said, i would like to get my hands on the new Elite Enkore and I have been hearing good things about PSE’s new EVO EVL. Not saying I would jump ship yet, but if i were, those would be top of the list to test shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I really enjoy what Elite has put out and the ability to change so much without having to run to the shop. Also, don't be afraid to rule out Bowtech's offering

Comment

If I were shopping for a bow today, my top three to test shoot would be Mathews, Bowtech, and Prime for the following reasons.

Mathews - I’ve never owned a Mathews that I didn’t like. They are consistently one of the highest quality bows from year to year. A few years old Mathews will almost do the exact same thing a new one will. Save a little money and buy a bow two to three years old. The Vertix is a great bow and the Halon series are too.

Bowtech - in recent years, Bowtech has put more innovation into their bows than probably any other company. They are quiet, smooth, very adjustable/tuneable and they make an extremely high quality bow.

Prime - They are the most underrated bow company IMO. They always produce a great bow that is meant for hunting usage. Plus, you get a free set of strings every two years from Prime if you are the original owner. If you plan to own a bow for the next ten years, this program will literally pay for the bow.

For reference, I currently own a Mathews Traverse and a Prime Rival. I’ve put three sets of strings on the Prime so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess you'll get as many opinions as there are bows. I would try all three and see which one you fall in love with, since all are good quality. Having said that, ...Hoyt!

Comment

Elite

Comment

Totally biased....but man I love the way my elite energy shoots. I was shooting at 70 yards yesterday and have never felt that confident about being on target.

That said, never met anyone with anything bad to say about prime either

Comment

My new v3 31 is amazing. Only the slightest bit better than my Vertix was. Never shot a Hoyt. My buddy shot Mathews, went to Elite the quickly went back to Mathews.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank for all the input. I will probably make the trip to Texas Archery this weekend.

Comment

Got the V3 couple months ago. Best bow I've ever shot. Looking forward to Oct.

Comment

I finally bought a new bow this year after 12 years of owning the same Bowtech 101st airborne. Shot the V3 31, V3 27 and the Ventum 30. It was an extremely tough call and i don't think i could have made a bad decision but i ultimately went with the V3 27 just to try out a compact bow.

I might try to pickup a used Ventum 33 one day so i have something suited better for longer distance and western shooting but for right now the V3 27 shoots great and i still feel confident in the 60-70 yard range. The Ventum definitely has a great draw cycle, but i had to give the nod to the V3 for how dead it felt in the hand and overall shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by click43 View Post
                          Thank for all the input. I will probably make the trip to Texas Archery this weekend.
                          Do it. Hands down best shop I've ever been in. And I live in Katy, with much closer shops.

Also, I don't know if you can find one, but I shoot an HTX. One of the smoothest bows I've ever shot, and not the premium price tag of the V3/VXR. One of the tech there (Joey), will tell you he has shot all the big bows, and loves his HTR the most (HTR/HTX I think are basically the same bow, with some minor differences).

I know I will never sell mine. Small, light, and smooth. Let us know what you end up with!

Comment

I'd still send that sucker to Martin. They should fix it for free, you'd be supprised what they have in stock as far as parts go. They should even send you a shipping label. Nice to have a backup bow just tucked away, or use it for bowfishing, you got kids etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                              I'd still send that sucker to Martin. They should fix it for free, you'd be supprised what they have in stock as far as parts go. They should even send you a shipping label. Nice to have a backup bow just tucked away, or use it for bowfishing, you got kids etc.
                              That's an excellent point....They will likely send you new limbs. Martin's make great back-up bows!...Gave my Cheetah away but wish I still had it.

Comment

Working...
                              X