Anyone shoot with a verifier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone shoot with a verifier?

So father time is creepin up on me and I've discovered that I cannot see nearly as well out of my right eye anymore. This is the eye that has to look thru my peep and at my sight. I see that my pin is getting blurry and has kind of a halo around it. I see the target just fine. School me on verifiers and how they work ya'll. Do they just install into your current peep or do you have to buy a peep with one installed already? Do they have different ones you can look thru first to see what power you need? It seems that 1.5 readers work to clear up my blurred vision. Any education is appreciated

Following, Same boat you are in!!!

Talked to my Eye Dr. she suggested getting a single contact lens for your shooting eye.

They will give you several sample strengths to choose from to make sure that you have the right one for the site.

Comment

Originally posted by topwater blowup View Post
      Following, Same boat you are in!!!

Talked to my Eye Dr. she suggested getting a single contact lens for your shooting eye.

They will give you several sample strengths to choose from to make sure that you have the right one for the site.
      I feel like a verifier would be less hassle for me. I will forget/lose either the contact, the case, the solution or all 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
        So father time is creepin up on me and I've discovered that I cannot see nearly as well out of my right eye anymore. This is the eye that has to look thru my peep and at my sight. I see that my pin is getting blurry and has kind of a halo around it. I see the target just fine. School me on verifiers and how they work ya'll. Do they just install into your current peep or do you have to buy a peep with one installed already? Do they have different ones you can look thru first to see what power you need? It seems that 1.5 readers work to clear up my blurred vision. Any education is appreciated
        Call your local shop and ask if they have a set of samples. (We do). Look through them OUTSIDE!!! You’re looking for a happy medium of pin/target clarity. Pretty rare to get picture perfect on both. They’re not ideal for hunting as conditions, breathing, gnats etc. can cause issues in the peep and lens. I’ve had folks tell me they’re a “game changer” and other who said “mehhh it’s ok”. Depends on so many variables.

Comment

They do blur the target a little but I could not shoot my bow without it

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
            They had to put a different peep. And yes you can change it out to find one that works

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
              Call your local shop and ask if they have a set of samples. (We do). Look through them OUTSIDE!!! You’re looking for a happy medium of pin/target clarity. Pretty rare to get picture perfect on both. They’re not ideal for hunting as conditions, breathing, gnats etc. can cause issues in the peep and lens. I’ve had folks tell me they’re a “game changer” and other who said “mehhh it’s ok”. Depends on so many variables.
              I had one installed at your shop 5-6 years ago and it really helped knock the fuzzy off of my pins.

Comment

I've had one for quite a while, in fact just went from a #7 lens to a #8, for me it clears up the pin and the target. The best thing you can do is go to the archery shop and see if they have the sticks that have the different lenses in them.

Comment

Been shooting with one for years, makes pins clear and target looks good up to about 25yds, after that a little blur. Do as Fishndude said, go to your local bow shop and look thru them and see which one works best for you.

God Bless
                  Bish

Comment

Yep, been shooting one for years.

Shop I went to had a plastic guard that had various strength lenses in it.
                    I could hold that to my eye and bow in other hand looking through sight to see which one I needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                      This is Spot On. Went to a verifier a few years ago and it made a ton of difference for me. Carry a couple of Q-Tips in your backpack to clean it occasionally.

Comment

Yes. It was a game changer for me. Pins were blurry but now sharp as when I was 20. The bow shop in Jacksonville (can't remember the name) installed mine for me.

Comment

I have one and it is what has kept me shooting my bow. Without it, I can't hardly make out the pins.

Comment

Some states I believe (possibly Colorado) do not allow you to hunt with them. I would think this would be very hard to enforce however. Just saying

Comment

Shot with one for years until bifocals. Now I just have to use glasses

Comment

Working...
                              X