Texas draw hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas draw hunts

When do the Texas draw hunts open up? I still dont have a place to take my boy hunting so I figured I would take my chances

Usually TPWD will come out with the new hunts in the first week of July.

Comment

Okay thank you for that information

Comment

I'm definitely not an expert but if you have any questions let me know.

Comment

The youth hunts usually have lots of opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            The youth hunts usually have lots of opportunity.
            To the O.P. also look into the Texas Youth Hunting Program. It's a good program. My son has participated in that program as well as TPWD hunts.

Comment

July 1st was when the email went out last year I believe

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
                To the O.P. also look into the Texas Youth Hunting Program. It's a good program. My son has participated in that program as well as TPWD hunts.
                I appreciate this info I think he is past the age limit though he will be 17 in Dec.

Comment

for the draw hunts, the age limit(16) is when he registers. So he can put in for all youth hunts as well as regular hunts.

He can go on standby until his birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                    for the draw hunts, the age limit(16) is when he registers. So he can put in for all youth hunts as well as regular hunts.

He can go on standby until his birthday.
                    Thanks for the information

Comment

Texas draw hunts

If you don’t get drawn on any youth then be sure to take him to Chaparrall for the doe hunts. Usually the first 3 weekends of November so he will still be 16 and I have never seen them turn away a standby and I have been at least a dozen times over the years with son and nephews. In fact this is the first year I won’t be going. Youngest nephew turned 17. A little bummed. Need to find a kid off the street(LOL).

TYHP I believe will still take a 16 yr old so that’s a great option. Quality program.
                      Last edited by Mjjust; 06-25-2021, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mjjust View Post
                        If you don’t get drawn on any youth then be sure to take him to Chaparrall for the doe hunts. Usually the first 3 weekends of November so he will still be 16 and I have never seen them turn away a standby and I have been at least a dozen times over the years with son and nephews. In fact this is the first year I won’t be going. Youngest nephew turned 17. A little bummed. Need to find a kid off the street(LOL).

TYHP I believe will still take a 16 yr old so that’s a great option. Quality program.
                        Good useful info Mjjust, thanks for posting. That kid off the street is waiting for someone to take him or her hunting, we need the next generation of hunters getting their boots dusty. Do what you can, and I will too.

Good luck BlessedVeteran0305, hope you can get to take your son hunting in Texas this year.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                          Good useful info Mjjust, thanks for posting. That kid off the street is waiting for someone to take him or her hunting, we need the next generation of hunters getting their boots dusty. Do what you can, and I will too.

Good luck BlessedVeteran0305, hope you can get to take your son hunting in Texas this year.
                          Thank you sir we got skunked last year in the grasslands hopefully this year will be a different story

Comment

Originally posted by Mjjust View Post

For TYHP, the age range is 9-17, meaning they age-out when they turn 18.

Comment

good to know sir thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X