Who'll be first? E-F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who'll be first? E-F150

Been seein a lot on the news last couple days about an electric F-150 Ford will be introducing soon. They are sayin range per charge, towing capacity and price will be about the same as gas but have heard no figures to back that up. So, how many TBHers are getting in line to buy?

When they come out with an F250 or 350 SRW in 4x4 I will take a look.

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
      Been seein a lot on the news last couple days about an electric F-150 Ford will be introducing soon. They are sayin range per charge, towing capacity and price will be about the same as gas but have heard no figures to back that up. So, how many TBHers are getting in line to buy?
      The range is 230 miles for the standard range model, and 300 for the extended range model. That’s not even close considering that’s with perfect driving conditions. Towing would be considerably less.

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
        Range on the Lightning is 300 miles with the extended battery. Range of my F150 Powerboost is 600 miles. Towing capacity is 10,000lbs in the Lightening. Towing capacity in the Powerboost is 12,700lbs. Time to fill my gas tank is 5-10 minutes. Time to recharge the Lightening from 15-100% is about 14 hours.
        Last edited by ultrastealth; 05-20-2021, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
          Range on the Lightning is 300 miles with the extended battery. Range of my F150 Powerboost is 600 miles. Towing capacity is 10,000lbs in the Lightening. Towing capacity in the Powerboost is 14,000lbs. Time to fill my gas tank is 5-10 minutes. Time to recharge the Lightening from 15-100% is about 14 hours.
          14-hrs is for the normal, every night charge to protect the life of the battery. Fast charging is available, but I think not recommended for everyday use.

It's definitely not intended to be used as a long-distance puller, but I can see the value/advantages of electric trucks for normal, everyday use & standard commutes.

Comment

Range on the Lightning is 300 miles with the extended battery. Range of my F150 Powerboost is 600 miles. Towing capacity is 10,000lbs in the Lightening. Towing capacity in the Powerboost is 12,700lbs. Time to fill my gas tank is 5-10 minutes. Time to recharge the Lightening from 15-100% is about 14 hours.

Aside from not looking so futuristic, this offering from Ford doesn’t hold a candle to the Tesla Cybertruck...

14,000lbs towing, and 500 miles range makes ford’s forage into electric trucks seem like a dud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
              Aside from not looking so futuristic, this offering from Ford doesn’t hold a candle to the Tesla Cybertruck...

14,000lbs towing, and 500 miles range makes ford’s forage into electric trucks seem like a dud.

I'm guessing that, given the low price point for the base model, they were targeting businesses that like to portray themselves as "green" with this truck. It's only practical for traveling short distances with light loads.

Comment

Their price point will sell the trucks. Under $40,000 for standard model, plus a tax break means you can get it for right at $33,000. They will sell like hot cakes.

Comment

15% to 85% is 41 minutes. Ford also throws in the fast charger so you can install it in your home.

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post

The difference is Ford is actually producing theirs. The Cybertruck will not come out as it looks now, if it comes out at all. Remember the Tesla roadster was supposed to come back out in 2018, then 2019, then 2020, now we are mid 2021, and it's still not released.

Comment

I wish I was in a position. In a few years once im settled I would like to go this route. It would be awesome for pulling a large boat a short distance. The weight and torque alone will make it a better pulling vehicle

Comment

I will say I am really excited for this F150 to come out. There is a happy medium between gas and electric hybridization, and it's going to produce some of the most powerful vehicles ever made. The more electric motors MFG's can get on the road, the more R&D they can do, the more the final product improves. And I am all for city folks doing the R&D the next 10 years so when it comes time for me to buy a new truck, the electric motor is perfected, and mated with a diesel generator.

I don't like that Ford used the "Lightning" name. But I get it.

Comment

I would definitely try one out if they get the range I need. I believe they will be great trucks for in town or short trips.

Comment

It shows a 0-60 time of 4.5 and has the Raptor of 5.5. Gonna kill the Raptor sells.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            It shows a 0-60 time of 4.5 and has the Raptor of 5.5. Gonna kill the Raptor sells.
                            The 2022 Raptor will get about a 200 horsepower boost and be at least as quick. This is from Motortrend: "The new Raptor will have the Mustang Shelby GT500's Predator 5.2-liter supercharged V-8. In the Mustang, it's rated for 760 hp and 625 lb-ft"

Comment

Might want to look closer at what type of SJW BS Ford is contributing stacks of cash to.

Comment

Working...
                              X