Dad and Gimmicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dad and Gimmicks

My dad is not a gimmick person as most of us are not. Every new item fishing, hunting, and camping related is a gimmick to him for the most part. I get a kick out of purposely bringing up odd items from time to time. We took this week to go fishing, sit at the beach and enjoy each other's company. Well I took my opportunity to buy the fishing lure off the TV infomercial that says guarantees to catch fish. It is hokie at best.... he was not impressed and went on a 30 minute rant on how men don't know how to catch fish with worms and minnows anymore. In the midst of his rant he looks at the 2 Thermocells I had running and said what's this. I tell him it helps knock down the mosquitoes. Here he goes again about gimmicks. I said, Dad have you swatted any gnats or mosquitoes yet? He pauses. And said no. But it has nothing to do with that dang walkie talkie looking piece.

He is killing me with all his rants. I haven't laughed this hard in a very long time. Today I plan to give him the worm inflator. Lol

That's pretty good. My dad doesn't rant about much, but for some reason he has an intense hatred for Flex Seal. Not sure if it is the product itself or just the commercials.

He went off so bad a few years ago I had no choice but to buy him a can for Christmas.

Comment

Haha, that's awesome! My dad was all about some dang gimmicks and my brother and I gave him a hard time for it! Good times.

Cherish every moment, man. Two weeks ago was the 10th anniversary of my dad's passing. I miss that old fart every single day.

Comment

Hahahaha. My grandpa used to be the same way.

Comment

My dad and I get a kick out of the tactical sunglasses commercials! ��

Comment

This is awesome as it brought a tear to my eye and a much needed smile to my face remembering my Dad.

Thanks for the laughs and cherish every minute that you can with your Dad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My dad is so into gimmicks that, now, each person has an “As seen on TV” gift under the tree each year.

Comment

Sorta on the same line, my dad HATES, I mean HATES all commercials for some reason. Especially loud auto sales screamer commercials. When we're at his house, when a commercial comes on, he mutes the sound on the tv. Drives my wife nuts. So, when we get home and we're watching tv, a commercial comes on and I mute the tv. She just gives me the "really?" look. Cracks me up.

Comment

Turn off the Thermocells for a few minutes. It didn't take long to make a believer out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                    Turn off the Thermocells for a few minutes. It didn't take long to make a believer out of me.
                    I moved both with me as I moved down a little ways to fish. I looked over and he was in a full on wrestling match with the gnats. He yells over. Bring me that walkie talkie thing. Bugs are bad!!! Literally could have made him the now poster child for Thermocell

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                      My dad is so into gimmicks that, now, each person has an “As seen on TV” gift under the tree each year.
                      Years ago there was a As seen on TV store in the San Marcos outlet mall. Not sure if it is still there. I always enjoyed going in there to see all the crazy items.

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
                        My dad and I get a kick out of the tactical sunglasses commercials! ��
                        Those have got to be the ugliest sunglasses on the face of earth. Why can’t they make them more appealing....heck I might try a pair if they did...lol!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                          I moved both with me as I moved down a little ways to fish. I looked over and he was in a full on wrestling match with the gnats. He yells over. Bring me that walkie talkie thing. Bugs are bad!!! Literally could have made him the now poster child for Thermocell
                          hahaha...yeah, Thermocell is the real deal but I bet he's fairly accurate on the rest of them

Comment

Working...
                          X