Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Land/Easement lawyers or at least internet experts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Land/Easement lawyers or at least internet experts?

Looking at a piece of property that is accessible by easement. I’ve included the wording from the deed for the easement. My question is if the property is sub divided, does the easement grant access to the new owners?

“Property, together with the perpetual non-exclusive uninterrupted right and privilege to use the easement for passage, roadway, or utility purposes over and across easement #2 listed in attached document.”

The easement wraps around the property so if it were sub divided all pieces would have access to the easement.

PM Grayson. He’s my “go-to” real estate lawyer. Many on TBH will tell you the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Talk with The Crippler on here. Wes is Good folks!

Comment

You are asking a very good question, and have received two good suggestions. This can be a grey area with the way most easements are worded, and is definitely a potential cause for litigation. The person whose land the easement crosses may not be happy if the easement going to one tract of land ends up providing access for 5 smaller tracts, or 50... Whether you are buying or selling, it will be worth your while to pay a knowledgeable attorney to review the documents.

Comment

I thought membership to TBH excused bar legal requirements. Trying to get a little insight prior to ponying up for a lawyer.

Comment

Access easements must be totally understood for each property to be safe. Sometimes the deed will have contradictory statements within the deed itself as well. Also be aware that some financial insitutions are sketchy on lending when an easement is the only access. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
              I thought membership to TBH excused bar legal requirements. Trying to get a little insight prior to ponying up for a lawyer.

I’m a member of the bar. Hell, I’m a member of several bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                i’m a member of the bar. Hell, i’m a member of several bars.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
                lol!!:d

Comment

I completely understand, but there is just not enough there to tell you one way or another. I'm sure you'll get some opinions here soon, but nobody worth getting advice from can give you advice worth getting without reviewing all of the relevant documents.

No offense meant to the rest of the local bar
                  Last edited by J Wales; 04-14-2021, 03:11 PM. Reason: insert apology

Comment

Easements are one of those pony up for real professional opinion items. They can get messy and gray fast.

Comment

If you are seriously considering buy this place, you’re gonna have to pony up anyways!!!
                      My place has a easement. There is another tract (100 acres) that also has a easement down our private road. When it sold, the easement went with new owners. But to answer your question, I just don’t know.

Comment

Seems pretty clear the easement would transfer based on the deed but the million dollar question is, are all sub owners of the property entitled to easement access or would that have to occur directly on the parcel.

Comment

Working...
                        X