POACHER problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POACHER problem

I'm a new member, long time Texas landowner and hunter. Last deer season I noticed activity on my back fence which is marked with purple paint, has a new fence, and posted signs. This was recommended to me by a GW. This year I put game cameras 10' up in trees and caught the guy (30 plus photos). The photos are clear.
    I called the GW and he came out and I filled on the guy. The GW knew who he was. In the next month he came out several times GPSing and taking photos. He took my SD card and the poachers chair that I found but didn't touch.
    It has now been 4 months. I get nothing from the GW except that he has interviewed him and the wife once.
    One photo is of the guy carrying a undersized bucks head down the fence line the day after season closed. Not on my side of the fence, but also not his property.
    I called the GW a month ago and he said that he was going to interview again???? I was watching the TV show on Texas Wardens and they fined a guy over 300 bucks for shooting a Water Moccasin.

Takes time. I caught 2 poachers red handed and it took 8 months before they had a court date.

Comment

Thanks Fishndude! The GW seemed like he was really interested, then nothing. I am a big supporter of Game Wardens. They have helped me in the past. I guess it takes time and my wife says that I'm old and impatient. I texted him this morning for an update on the case. Nothing back so far.

Did they stay in contact with you to let you know what was going on?
      Last edited by CSATEXAS; 06-04-2018, 06:05 AM.

Comment

With as much solid information you have the sorry dude is digging his grave deeper and deeper. Let him keep building his case up. Hopefully something is done shortly.

Comment

Thanks for the support. I caught another guy face to face and they hammered him. All I had was his name and a cell phone photo.

I just wanted to know if they dropped the case, or were still working it? Things could get ugly next deer season. I'm not the kind to let someone poach my land.

Comment

Originally posted by CSATEXAS View Post
            Thanks for the support. I caught another guy face to face and they hammered him. All I had was his name and a cell phone photo.

I just wanted to know if they dropped the case, or were still working it? Things could get ugly next deer season. I'm not the kind to let someone poach my land.
            Right there with you. I just had a dealing with a Trespassing issue. They went to the reason they thought he was there and sure enough handled it. We went from 15+ cars/trucks up and down our road for months to now just us and a couple neighbors. It was a good drug bust! I actually had a thread on it recently.

Your situation is a little different. I wouldn't play games if someone was poaching on my place. Bear traps set, heavy duty elc fence, a bullet in the nads, I don't know something.

Comment

Comment

Listen to your wife and fishndude

Comment

I have seen them dig themselves deeper and deeper then when the GW has a case with enough offenses that no one will let it fall through the cracks so that poacher will get theirs. With all that said I have to say I get very frustrated with my Hill country game wardens I would like to see a game warden or deputy about every week on my place but I don’t see them when we call something in. I hope they get it handled for ya.

Comment

Buck has to be a potential state record to get them to do anything about it.

Comment

I was armed with my Glock when I caught the first guy. He had shot twice near my house at a 4 point. The deer almost ran into me. I knew where he was by the squirrels barking.
                      Yeah, it felt very tense confronting the guy. The second guy sneaks in from by backside. He is carrying two rifles. He will be harder for me to catch, but being retired, I have lots of time. I'm still hoping TP&W does something to the guy. I found no sheds on my place this year. I think this guy killed more deer than the one that I have a photo of him carrying. I let the cameras run all season without messing with them to make sure that I got him. Next year I will put my Coverts over there along with dummies.

Comment

Was he dragging the deer by the horns. And do you have pictures you can post so we can help

Comment

I guess it depends on the situation. I sent a picture of an undersized (AR county) buck to the neighbor a few years back and he sent it to the game warden. GW immediately showed up at the hunter's house and ticketed him for a bunch of stuff.

I only found out because the guy that shot it lit me up over sending the pic to the GW (which I didn't). I just laughed and told him if he didn't want tickets he probably shouldn't shoot illegal animals.

Comment

Im gonna guess this is somewhere north and or east of houston?

Comment

North of Houston. Since it's an open case, I won't provide photos, although I have a bunch. He was carrying the small bucks head. Timestamp was the day after deer season.

Comment

Working...
                              X