Texas A&M Football Gameday Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
    Being it’s against South Carolina the game most likely be in the afternoon time slot(3-4PM start) or maybe the early slot at 11am.
    I agree on the am slot ...
    TN vs. BAMA is always a huge draw , 2nd biggest rival for each school

SEC likely schedule for Wk 8 10/23
    ... obviously this is all contingent upon W/L records

11am USCe @ A&M
    3pm TN @ ALA
    6pm LSU @ Ole Miss

MSU @ Vandy ... who cares j/k

Comment

You all will have a fantastic time. The whole experience is great at that stadium. I have taken a few of my Longhorn buddies to games there and they have had nothing but great things to say. So.....that should tell you all you need to know.

Comment

I agree with what most people have said already so wont really repeat much, but patience and being early to anything is always a good idea since most places get busy. Also you likely won't fit it all into one weekend, pick a few things you think your daughter will enjoy and do those then pickup anything else if yall get bored.

*theres usually a decent flyover during that national anthem(coming from the south going north) before the game so get to your seats before that.
        *breakfast is good at public and main, fuegos, hullabaloo diner
        *spence park is fun for tailgating, and it doesnt have to be elaborate, a cooler with drinks and sandwiches and camp chairs is simple enough, find some shade and hangout.
        *bring water to the game I think they still allow you to bring in gallon jugs of water if unopened
        * check the rules for bringing bags and whatever else into the stadium ahead of time

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
          I agree on the am slot ...
          TN vs. BAMA is always a huge draw , 2nd biggest rival for each school

SEC likely schedule for Wk 8 10/23
          ... obviously this is all contingent upon W/L records

11am USCe @ A&M
          3pm TN @ ALA
          6pm LSU @ Ole Miss

MSU @ Vandy ... who cares j/k

I didn’t look at the schedule for that week. I based my guess off the facts that South Carolina sucks and we have no ties/rivalry with them to elevate the importance of that game.

I agree. Probably will be the 11am slot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My daughter is currently attending A&M and is in the Corps. My wife and I graduated from A&M as well.

I agree with going to watch step off at the quad before the game. Step off is an hour and a half before kickoff. It's pretty cool. Then work your way over to Kyle Field. Be patient. Especially with the traffic and parking. Midnight yell is a good idea.

Lots of good places to eat. CS has grown a bunch and you can get pretty much anything you want and in any price range. Many good options. Some of the more 'old school' options are the Dixie Chicken, Wings and More, Chicken Oil Company and Koppe Bridge.

If you'll remind me the week before the game my daughter said the Corps puts out a schedule for game day with the step off time and the route they will take to Kyle Field. If you are interested in seeing that I can get that for you.

There are shuttles available to get to campus. Might be easier than fighting traffic to park on campus.

Comment

Aggie13 reminded me of something- you cannot take a regular purse into the stadium so your daughter will have to find a clear "purse" to take her stuff into the stadium. You can find them at a lot of the bookstores. In a pinch you can put your ID, money, etc. into a heavy duty zip lock bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                Aggie13 reminded me of something- you cannot take a regular purse into the stadium so your daughter will have to find a clear "purse" to take her stuff into the stadium. You can find them at a lot of the bookstores. In a pinch you can put your ID, money, etc. into a heavy duty zip lock bag.
                Thanks, I couldnt quite remember the exact rules since I dont ever carry a bag but knew there was something funny that could put a damper on someones day. There was also rumors of metal detectors being implemented at all entrances a year or so ago, but I didnt go to any games last year so might need to check on that.

Comment

Stay at the Texas A&M Hotel and Conference Center……it’s literally 300yds from Kyle field. They have very nice rooms, great food and a bar/lounge with tv’s. You can walk to the stadium.

There are way to many things to do and see for one trip. Our daughter is headed there in 2023 so we spend quite a bit of time up there. I would recommend looking into housing now to give you an idea of what to expect. We will most likely set our daughter up at The Barracks. Extremely reasonable rates given the amenities and them being new, they also allow pets which was a must since she will be taking her big dog with her.

Y’all will absolutely enjoy it and picked a great game to go watch.

North gate is a blast but you may not want to introduce your girls to that just yet.

Comment

All the above real good info.
                    1. Book hotel NOW! and dont worry about sticker shock. It's gonna happen.
                    2. Go to midnight yell.
                    3. Be on the quad before the game. Watch the corp in formation but most importantly be there when they fire off the cannon and the aggie band fires up. It is a religious experience. GIG EM!
                    WHOOP!!!

Comment

Enjoy the heck out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        This would make for a great experience. One thing I might add is to hit up the pre game tailgate scene. We are currently debating whether we are going to revive our TBH/Drilformance Tailgate this season. If we do, we always welcome anybody to stop by for some grub, drinks and watch the early games on the big screen.

I’ve attended! The above advice is spot on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The fly overs before the start of the game are incredible and many of the pilots are Aggies.

Comment

We have season tickets for the first time this year. tagged for info.

Comment

Never, never, ever, stay at America's Best hotel in Bryan! Trust me!
                              We were always pleased with motel 6. No problems there. Book early though because they fill up fast!
                              Get to the game early and enjoy the March in and fun around the stadium.

Comment

Wear a longhorns shirt. You should be able to get one at walmart.

Comment

Working...
                                X