Cheapest flea, heart worm treatment for dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to switch to something different, as the stuff our vet has the dogs on is $$$ per dog, any feed store or TSC treatment recommend

Go to canadapetcare.com
    I thought the same thing and started digging around. No need for a prescription.

Comment

Originally posted by chadt1234 View Post
      Go to canadapetcare.com
      I thought the same thing and started digging around. No need for a prescription.
      cool, thx for the info.

Comment

Ivermectin 1% liquid for heart worm and intestinal worms. Draw it up in a syringe per weight if dog and squirt it in the back of their mouth once a month. I’ve done it myself and know plenty that do it. As far as fleas…. It’s all expensive.

I’ll add, a $50 dollar of ivermectin will last the average size dog their entire life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've got all my neighbors ordering from there as well. We use the generic heartgard and the regular Nexgard for fleas.

Comment

If you want to go the cheaper route One dose horse wormer Ivermectin(apple flavored). Like DapperDan say's about a pea sized squirt on a piece of lunch meat or cheese each month will take care of heart worms and other intestinal worms. Tube will last awhile and it's cheap.

Comment

Or you can just put it on your finger and wipe it on the back of the tongue.

Comment

Ivermectin for heart and other worms like said. Seresto Flea Collar works for up to 8 months and shop around and can be found for around $40. Worked well on my dog

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                  If you want to go the cheaper route One dose horse wormer Ivermectin(apple flavored). Like DapperDan say's about a pea sized squirt on a piece of lunch meat or cheese each month will take care of heart worms and other intestinal worms. Tube will last awhile and it's cheap.
                  Tractor Supply or where, in the tube?

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                    Tractor Supply or where, in the tube?

Tractor supply or Amazon

Comment

Buy Durvet Apple Flavor Ivermectin 1.87% Horse Wormer Paste, 0.025 lb. at Tractor Supply Co. Great Customer Service.

They usually have a bunch of different brands. Just make sure and get one that only has Ivermectin as the active ingredient.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                        https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...aste-187-608-g

They usually have a bunch of different brands. Just make sure and get one that only has Ivermectin as the active ingredient.
                        This ☝

Comment

My cousin fosters alot of dogs from a shelter, like 30-40 at a time. This is what they use:
                          VetaHeart Tabs Large Dogs - 1141 - Dogs & Puppies - Active Constituents- 272ug Ivermectin per tablet Treats Dogs 50-99lbs (23-45kgs) 100 tablets Administration: Monthly heartworm prevent

Say's it has the same amount of Ivermectin as the big name brand stuff that you would buy here in the states from your vet.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                            Ivermectin 1% liquid for heart worm and intestinal worms. Draw it up in a syringe per weight if dog and squirt it in the back of their mouth once a month. I’ve done it myself and know plenty that do it. As far as fleas…. It’s all expensive.

I’ll add, a $50 dollar of ivermectin will last the average size dog their entire life.

This-^^^

Comment

I use Nexgard Spectra (not Nexgard) for my dogs, it does everything all in one including the heartworms. I order it from some place in Australia, $120 shipped for 6 months supply.

Comment

Working...
                              X