No announcement yet.

Discount Tire customer service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They broke some of the studs on my Nieces car, at a Austin area DT. She drove down to Houston, and it barely made it to my house before the wheel fell off. They sent out a wrecker, and took it to a local shop to have the wheel studs replaced, and put a new rim on it. They also put my niece up in a hotel for the night. They made it right, and were very apologetic for her inconvenience. When we went to pick it up, the guy at the local shop told me that, DT keeps them in a lot of business.

They also cant figure out how to balance a set of F250 tire, to save their life. I'll buy a set of tires, and come out to get in my truck, and they'll have 3 pounds of weights stack on one side of the tire. I make them bust the tire off and turn it 180deg. Most of the time this fixes it but, sometimes I make them give me a different tire that will balance out. Then the dang wheel weights fly off at about 40 mph anyway. I take a picture of all the weights for proof before I start to drive because I've had such a problem in the past.

Comment

I am also a fan. I drive a company truck too and from work and had a screw in one of the tires. I showed up to my local discount tire and told them my issue. They fixed the issue and I went up to the counter to pay and the guy said it was a free service since I’m a customer. I tried to explain to him that this was a company truck and not my personal. He said when it came time to put tires on the truck, to come see him. I don’t think I will buy tires from anyone else. Went last week and put tires on my wife’s suv from the same guy.

Comment

I quit using them when they stopped having the best price.

I now use a locally owned shop that's cheaper and has the same customer service

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
          They broke some of the studs on my Nieces car, at a Austin area DT. She drove down to Houston, and it barely made it to my house before the wheel fell off. They sent out a wrecker, and took it to a local shop to have the wheel studs replaced, and put a new rim on it. They also put my niece up in a hotel for the night. They made it right, and were very apologetic for her inconvenience. When we went to pick it up, the guy at the local shop told me that, DT keeps them in a lot of business.

They also cant figure out how to balance a set of F250 tire, to save their life. I'll buy a set of tires, and come out to get in my truck, and they'll have 3 pounds of weights stack on one side of the tire. I make them bust the tire off and turn it 180deg. Most of the time this fixes it but, sometimes I make them give me a different tire that will balance out. Then the dang wheel weights fly off at about 40 mph anyway. I take a picture of all the weights for proof before I start to drive because I've had such a problem in the past.
          Make them install the stick on wheel weights. Those hammer on ones damage the lip and will corrode eventually (If you are like me, and keep the truck til the wheels fall off).

Comment

Discount refused to work on my last 3 trucks. So I took about $15,000 a year worth of tires to a local, independent shop and get better service there.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              I quit using them when they stopped having the best price.

I now use a locally owned shop that's cheaper and has the same customer service

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
              Is be all about this except I travel everywhere and they are everywhere. Just had a flat fixed while I was in Plano for work. In and out, free, and rotated and balanced.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                Discount refused to work on my last 3 trucks. So I took about $15,000 a year worth of tires to a local, independent shop and get better service there.
                Why did they refuse to work on them?

Comment

They refused to mount a 285/75 16 tire on a factory 16" rim. After having done it on that truck previously, the truck I had before it, and my dad's truck...all the same tire wheel combo.

Refused to work on my dually that had spacers on the rear. Wouldn't even fix a flat on the front.

They told me over the phone they wouldn't mount the current tire size I have, on a factory rim. I don't remember the size, I think it's a 285/75 18.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                    Is be all about this except I travel everywhere and they are everywhere. Just had a flat fixed while I was in Plano for work. In and out, free, and rotated and balanced.
                    How long did it take for the freebie?

Comment

They refused to mount a 285/75 16 tire on a factory 16" rim. After having done it on that truck previously, the truck I had before it, and my dad's truck...all the same tire wheel combo.

Refused to work on my dually that had spacers on the rear. Wouldn't even fix a flat on the front.

They told me over the phone they wouldn't mount the current tire size I have, on a factory rim. I don't remember the size, I think it's a 285/75 18.
                      You can thank the sue-happy consumers for that. Sometimes you gotta go the the ez tires shops if its a specialty application

You can't blame them for not wanting to touch the spacer work!

Comment

They did something similar to me on a dually I owned.
                        Bought the tires and they mounted the front and inside duals. Threw the other 2 in the back of the truck and said they couldn’t touch the spacers.
                        That would have been nice to know beforehand...

Comment

I disagree on both counts.

Real tire shops have taken care of both issues with no trouble for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I disagree on both counts.

Real tire shops have taken care of both issues with no trouble for years.

Hamm's?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                              You can thank the sue-happy consumers for that. Sometimes you gotta go the the ez tires shops if its a specialty application

You can't blame them for not wanting to touch the spacer work!
                              I think it comes down to the specific type of spacer and quality. Some spacers are disasters waiting to happen, others are perfectly fine. So they just adopted a no spacer policy to avoid issues.

Ive had a few problems over the years but they made it right. The biggest thing these days is they are too busy, and too much waiting.

Comment

I had several issues with a single location. I finally quit going there. I have had zero issues at the new location. I think the location I was going is where they send all their morons too. Last issue was the spare tire falling off my Jeep after my wife took it to have the tires rotated. I called them from work and had to chew the managers butt to make him send someone to pick it up off the side of the road. He expected my 5’3” wife to put a 35 inch tire back on the rack.

Comment

Working...
                                X