Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Barney1971 View Post
      hes still growing... i will bet will be close to 180 time he is done...

Yep, my thoughts exactly! If he don't make the '80's it will be because of beam length. That's his weakest characteristic and it is by no means weak, just his weakest! That's fine, fine buck. Do you have history with him? Is he free range? Know his age? If he's less than 7 or 8, and safe from others shooting him, ain't no way I'd shoot him now. That sucker's got it all and lots of growth potential.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Yep, my thoughts exactly! If he don't make the '80's it will be because of beam length. That's his weakest characteristic and it is by no means weak, just his weakest! That's fine, fine buck. Do you have history with him? Is he free range? Know his age? If he's less than 7 or 8, and safe from others shooting him, ain't no way I'd shoot him now. That sucker's got it all and lots of growth potential.

We had to high fence our place to grow deer like this one. We fenced it about 16 years ago when our neighbors kept shooting all the good 4-5 year olds. Can't blame them for shooting what they were paying for! We just decided we wanted to grow bigger than 150" deer, so we did! The buck in this pic is a 5yr old. We had an unprecendented amount of rain this year so all of our bucks are looking good! Hopefully we have another year like this next year, then we will really see some growth!

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
          We had to high fence our place to grow deer like this one. We fenced it about 16 years ago when our neighbors kept shooting all the good 4-5 year olds. Can't blame them for shooting what they were paying for! We just decided we wanted to grow bigger than 150" deer, so we did! The buck in this pic is a 5yr old. We had an unprecendented amount of rain this year so all of our bucks are looking good! Hopefully we have another year like this next year, then we will really see some growth!
          Are these all native deer? Really great buck. My guess is low to mid 70's.

Comment

We introduced genetics.

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
              Are these all native deer? Really great buck. My guess is low to mid 70's.
              This was one of the last deer you could call "native". He was a 160" 9 point.
              I killed a native back in 2014 that was a 165" 10 point.

Comment

That's a real nice deer! Hope he gets a chance to show what he's got for you!

Comment

Working...
                X