Garage Floor Refinish - Epoxy or Polyaspartic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garage Floor Refinish - Epoxy or Polyaspartic

We are buying a new house and I want to refinish the garage floor before we move in. Our last two homes we had a Epoxy flooring done in the garage and are happy with it. Looks like Polyaspartic flooring is now an option, is harder, and dries faster.

Anyone have any experience with them?

Anyone?

Comment

No one?

Comment

I have both. You doing it yourself or hiring someone?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

No experience with the poly but I love epoxy floor coatings. I've treated the last 3 homes I've bought...and most recently my shop. It is the absolute FIRST thing that gets done before we move in.
          I use the Rust-Oleum professional series product. It’s solvent based versus water based. The key to this stuff is prep work IMO. Power wash and acid etch the concrete well.

Here are a few threads on a quick search.

Comment

Hiring it out

Comment

Go with the Poly. I put Polyaspartic in both my garages and I've been happy with it. Beat it up with my tractor and wife parks inside the bigger garage. With Poly hot tire roll up and discoloration isn't an issue.

We have a porte cochere and a front porch that I had epoxied. It wasn't my first choice but the guys were professional, warranted their product, and having them do it meant I didn't have to.

I got the Polyaspartic from a Concrete Contractor Supply online. Poly 90 and did a full broadcast flake. It was a lot of work and I will not do it again.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for info.

Anyone from the morning group have thoughts on the two?

Comment

I'm a painting contractor and have done maybe 50 epoxy floors in my life time, I have never done the poly but it looks a lot better then the epoxy. I will try the poly on my next job or my house.

Comment

Working...
                  X