Costa Del Mar Warranty Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    The people who gripe about the warranty now, are the ones who abused it for years and the reason it's different now.
    I'm not sure how you could abuse it. If you dropped your glasses and broke a lens you paid for the lens at a cost of 60 or 80 bucks I couldn't remember. I only broke a lens once. The majority of my warrant claims were the frames falling apart. Nose pieces and other rubber pieces just falling off. As stated, not sure how you could abuse their warranty but their inferior product is my reason for leaving them. Just tired of having to use the dang warranty every time my frames fell apart.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
      Go onto a chat with their support or call them and you can change your options to practically anything that they have in stock. You are not limited to what comes up on the warranty page.
      This process worked for me not too long ago.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
        I'm not sure how you could abuse it. If you dropped your glasses and broke a lens you paid for the lens at a cost of 60 or 80 bucks I couldn't remember. I only broke a lens once. The majority of my warrant claims were the frames falling apart. Nose pieces and other rubber pieces just falling off. As stated, not sure how you could abuse their warranty but their inferior product is my reason for leaving them. Just tired of having to use the dang warranty every time my frames fell apart.
        Rubber coming off is still covered under warranty.

What is not covered under warranty is stuff that is not a manufacturer defect. It is people being careless and sending them in expecting a new pair for free - which happened more than you'd think. People are mad that they can't beat their glasses up, send them in under the warranty, and get a new pair for next to nothing.

I will add that I was told they changed the molding process to prevent the rubber from failing on models such as the Fantails. No idea how true it is, but that is what I was told.

Comment

Rubber coming off is still covered under warranty.

What is not covered under warranty is stuff that is not a manufacturer defect. It is people being careless and sending them in expecting a new pair for free - which happened more than you'd think. People are mad that they can't beat their glasses up, send them in under the warranty, and get a new pair for next to nothing.

I will add that I was told they changed the molding process to prevent the rubber from failing on models such as the Fantails. No idea how true it is, but that is what I was told.
          Yes, rubber coming off is covered but I'm tired of dealing with it is what I'm saying. I always understood their warranty and don't see how anyone got free glasses if they broke a lens. Their warranty never stated such. I paid for my broken lens. I was told a few years ago, to be more environmentally sound, that they changed their "rubber" to something more bio friendly and that was the cause of the continued falling apart. This was from one of their reps whom I know. They may have changed again since they sold, I have no idea. As stated, I'm no longer a customer.

Comment

I went ahead and contacted Costa Del Mar through their chat. They told me the following:
            1) Select an option and accept their offer
            2) Send in the old pair
            3) Cancel the replacement order
            4) Costa will then issue a coupon code to cover the cost of a new pair from their website

Steps 1 and 2 are done, I'll have to see how steps 3 and 4 go. :-)

Comment

The people who gripe about the warranty now, are the ones who abused it for years and the reason it's different now.
              Like the guy who sent his shades in to warranty for 20 bones, didnt like the new options and was trying to sell the "new" shade coupon in the classifieds for retail price?

An option for folks needing new lenses....look into https://www.fuselenses.com/

I have put new lenses in two pair of oakleys and a pair of costas. The will replace one pair for free for the lifetime of the lens.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                Like the guy who sent his shades in to warranty for 20 bones, didnt like the new options and was trying to sell the "new" shade coupon in the classifieds for retail price?

I have put new lenses in two pair of oakleys and a pair of costas. The will replace one pair for free for the lifetime of the lens.

I have used them as well and agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yep folks don’t understand how much additional cost to do business there is with all the junk “warranty” claims. These same guys think they are getting a quality product buying a $50 pair “lifetime” warranty sunglasses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

How is the clarity of them? Always wondered if the replacement lens options were decent enough for daily wear.

Comment

How is the clarity of them? Always wondered if the replacement lens options were decent enough for daily wear.
                      I would say as clear as factory. But, I dont think the polarized versions are as good as costa. Id really have to compare SxS. Easily clear enough for daily wear maybe not as good at seeing through the water

I have a set of polarized in some oakley frames I wear fishing all day, a plain set in another pair of oakleys I wear at work 5 days a week. And my wife has a set in some costas she wears.

The pair in my fishing frames are the ones I got replaced for free. They started to de laminate or something (like the original oakley). I cant stand stuff in my vision so I emailed fuse and they sent another set of lenses.
                      Last edited by Quackerbox; 07-22-2021, 11:31 AM.

Comment

I just sent in two pairs. Old but obviously falling apart. They both replaced. One with different color lenses - green to blue. One pair has not been sold in over 5 years. I had choice of about 3 frames and multiple colors and lenses. Both pair 580g to 580g. Not sure what some of you guys are complaining about.

Comment

I have a pair of them 580G in a one for one - no charge replacement now.

They outsourced their warranty service to a third party

I had to snap photos of the glasses - like car insurance firms do now - send photos to the damage assessors.

They review - said I will receive a new pair of the same - and I send them in - using their pre-paid shipping label.

With Costas - save the original box. Toss them into that - snap a photo of the box with the glasses shots - as they require at the first stages of support

No cost to me - a one for one replacement - and a fresh pair ready to go.

I think once their models hit the plus 200 dollar mark, they seem to be a bit more easier with the complete replacement deal? One of my hinges - frame - broke.

So I assume my original lenses, will get assembled onto a new frame- and the return will be essentially new. Not sure if they remove my lenses and fit into new frames or they keep the lenses, and send me another set of lenses?

Don't know the details - but - I get covered and no cost

Comment

Rob- you get a new pair of shades. Lenses and all. Ive worn Costas daily for work and off work for about 15 years now. I think ive purchased about 8 pairs. I have 5 left and have probably received 4 replacements over the years. When I get these two back I have 2 more Im sending it because they are faded from the sun. Im sticking to either black or white frames as the colored ones fade after several 100 hours in the sun

Comment

A few years ago I dropped my Costas and the frames broke. Went through warranty as I didn't have anything to lose. They said I could mail them in and they would take out the plastic lenses and put them in new frames similar to the broken ones (but a different color).

For $70. I took them up on their offer.

A couple month ago I broke both arms off the frame. Completely my fault. I told that to Costa as I went through warranty again. I mailed them in and they gave me several options for free replacement. Go figure.

Maybe the level of warranty work depends on the employee at Costa. And whether or not they are having a bad day.

Comment

Any of you guys that hate your Costas Ill buy them off you for $50 each pair.

Comment

Working...
                                X