Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boat owners have you made the switch to Lithium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat owners have you made the switch to Lithium?

Any boat owners here switched to Lithium for marine batteries, trying to weight he pro's/cons.

nope

Comment

Ive thought about it but I just can't pull the trigger due to cost

Comment

No personal experience but from what I've head they don't last any longer than lead acid battery's but are much more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
          Ive thought about it but I just can't pull the trigger due to cost
          This. New charger as well.

My boat isnt a speed demon so shaving 40-50lbs isn't going to make that much difference. Right now, the juice ain't worth the squeeze

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

For my troller, yes. Going for my electronics next. Then starting.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

if needing for starting only you can build one for way less than a marine battery.

THESE CELLS HAVE NOT BEEN CAPACITY TETSTED BUT THEY ARE GUARANTEED TO ARRIVE WITH GOOD VOLTAGE AND ALL WERE REMOVED IN WORKING CONDITION FROM BACKUP STARTER BATTERY PACKS. WE GUARANTEE NO DEAD CELLS AND AT THIS PRICE YOU CAN'T GO WRONG. NO COMPRESSION NEEDED FOR CYLINDRICAL CELLS. THESE ARE BIG CELLS WITH A CRAZY AMOUN

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                No personal experience but from what I've head they don't last any longer than lead acid battery's but are much more expensive.
                I have a lot of experience in this field

Comment

Originally posted by dorothyparr View Post
                  I have a lot of experience in this field
                  So share your vast experience with the OP, instead of just adding a comment to your count

Comment

I have several friends that guide full time and are on the water pretty much everyday that have switched over. So far they are all raving about them but none have been running them more than a year yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post

Completely false. Look up some videos on YouTube and it explains cost vs longevity, and it’s a no brainer…..if you are willing for the upfront cost. I switched from a 109ah lead acid to a 100ah lithium and I almost doubled my usable amp hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't have a need for them. The cost for me is just too crazy now.

Comment

It would cost me a little over $5 to upgrade my boat. ( 6 batteries plus lithium charger) I just can't pull the trigger.

Comment

I just added lithium for my electronics and I can honestly say I’m glad I did. The upfront cost is considerable but the run time, weight difference, overall size and image quality on my livescope is amazing. I went with 12v 18ah battery and also picked up a spare so I can go all weekend with no issues. I also added a toggle switch to cut power. I understand that the black box draws power, even when not in use.

Comment

I have several buddies that run them. I think they have all had problems at least once with them. You can til the TM all day on high is a plus and they weight about 22 pounds for a 100ah battery. I’m considering changing out my electronics batteries next year with lithium but I just replaced my TM batteries so I doubt I do that again just now.

Comment

Working...
                              X