Did your oak trees come back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did your oak trees come back?

There were some threads back after the big freeze about how bad the oak trees were looking. The first group of oak trees in this pic looked terrible after the big freeze. Others I had still looked ok, so I was sure afraid these weren’t going to make it. They are looking pretty good now though. How are yours doing?
    Attached Files

I still have two that look a little weak but better than they did.

Comment

Yes, I think ALL the rain may have turned the tide on many that were struggling. I would have bet we would have lost a ton on our place in Shiner based on how they looked after the freeze and into spring. Wouldn't notice a thing now, and I bet we aren't going to lose any.
      Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

I have about 3000 that are 1 year old in pots and they all lost their leaves but most survived. They have leafed back out and look good

Comment

I have a few that look better, but they’re still not filled out.
          Hoping they come back around.

Comment

They all seem to have rebounded.

Comment

I have 2 of 3 in my front that are weak looking but still have green. They are 24” trees so hoping they can pull through and maybe takeoff still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Every one of them budded out nicely within three to four weeks after the freeze. The leaves filled in great.

Comment

Mine in Llano came back

Comment

Give them some time. We had many that came back right away, a few that took a while, and some that are just now looking good. I read the "experts" say to not be to quick to count them out this year.

Comment

Yes, they did.

Comment

All made it. One I thought was dead finally came through and put on leaves about 30 days after my other oaks.

Comment

Mine in the yard looks terrible. It has leaves, but it just looks bad. Other oaks on the property look just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My Big 50y old Water Oak did fine but lost 2 Citrus trees 10-15 y old

Comment

Mine are fine..................

Comment

Working...
                              X