Rolling blackouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
    Do you really think that Joe Blow the Average Citizen closed the coal mines and plants ?

The guy sitting without electricity really had very little to do with those decisions - maybe he voted once or twice - but he hardly was the decision maker.

I guess I blame the politicians who allowed it to happen - those are the folks that need to be run out on a rail and left in the heat.
    Who do you think put the politicians into office and allowed them to stay?

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
      Our plant ran maxed out all day. Take a look at the ERCOT website and you can see that there was near ZERO WIND generation today.

Renewables are not reliable.
      we have been running maxed out 20 hrs a day for the last 3 days
      right at base load for the other 4 hrs a day

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        This **** is crazy. Winter I could deal with. Summer? We are screwed.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
        And it ain’t even got hot yet.
        At least the freeze only lasted a week or so. The heat, the real heat will go on for months.
        These **** commiefornians and Yankees will be overloading the system because they can handle anything over 80°.
        On a positive note. Maybe it’ll drive those invaders out of here.

Comment

you can thank clinton for outlawing peaker gas plants that can spin up in minutes and be producing max load. these used to be an important part of the grid

Comment

I remember going to Mexico in the 80's and they would ration out the electricity and water. my grandmother would tell us hurry up and shower because there will be no water in a while then all the electricity will be gone after that too. 3rd world country kind of stuff we are living in the all American US of A.

Comment

Originally posted by Evictor View Post
              The fun stars when the hackers or terrorists figure out how to knock the grid down.
              (not so loud … )

(but you are right ...)

Comment

Originally posted by no bait View Post
                I remember going to Mexico in the 80's and they would ration out the electricity and water. my grandmother would tell us hurry up and shower because there will be no water in a while then all the electricity will be gone after that too. 3rd world country kind of stuff we are living in the all American US of A.
                See Johnny44 post .
                You're right though.

Comment

They have all the coal fired plants shut down for maintenance. By 2035 there will no longer be coal fired plants gas fired yes.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                    Then why do we not have battery banks everywhere? We have them for critical infrastructure, but even those only last days, at best.

Batteries, at least as they sit now, do not solve the fact that there is basically no way to store power.
                    Batteries are in the works. 300 MW battery storage facility just finished up in California.

Let’s just say Texas will be getting some.

Comment

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
                      They have all the coal fired plants shut down for maintenance. By 2035 there will no longer be coal fired plants gas fired yes.
                      Not completely true, by 2027 you’ll see the decline and also coal plants aren’t down for maintenance in June, anywhere. This is money season.

Now, some units are down for forced outages for various reasons unfortunately. As plants age, and profits shrink due to regulations and green energy, so does proper upkeep budgets.

Comment

In other news… My Radar app added a new “Power outage” layer to their weather radar maps

Click image for larger version

Name:	0AE3E1C4-E8A0-4680-9783-F25FA094DAA6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	24653969

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                          In other news… My Radar app added a new “Power outage” layer to their weather radar maps

[ATTACH]1052924[/ATTACH]
                          ****, talk about conditioning.
                          It will be normal and just another day before long.
                          Just like the mask.
                          I'm gonna have to start collecting grease again.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                            ****, talk about conditioning.
                            It will be normal and just another day before long.
                            Just like the mask.
                            I'm gonna have to start collecting grease again.
                            Yeah I thought it was odd that a feature of that nature would be added.

Comment

I work on a 200 turbine wind farm and we had basically no wind the last few days. All the towers are sitting idle.

Comment

Originally posted by STX_Shooter View Post
                                I work on a 200 turbine wind farm and we had basically no wind the last few days. All the towers are sitting idle.
                                So you admit that it is unreliable…

Comment

Working...
                                X