New deed restriction law!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
    I don’t see anything on that page that would suggest that we live in a free country. Politicians of both parties have screwed us for 200 years.

You don’t understand what free country means.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
      LMAO!!!!! So now the county commissioners of Mills County are the ruling class? Commissioner's Court, like in most rural counties, is likely made up of people like us just trying to do what's best for the people of their county. Ruling class? You funny..................

Just another reason to be outraged about something he doesn’t understand.
      Must suck to go through life like that… but it is a free country!

Comment

On the top left notice this is for discussion only at this time. I just posted it to inform everyone of what might be happening in your county the next few years.
        Last edited by doghouse; 06-13-2021, 01:34 PM.

Comment

So, unless you can't afford 50 acres or more you will pay full property taxes. I couldn't afford my 30 acres in Grayson if that was the case and wasn't in ag

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
            So, unless you can't afford 50 acres or more you will pay full property taxes. I couldn't afford my 30 acres in Grayson if that was the case and wasn't in ag
            This is the problem I see with this if it were to become law. If I needed some money and needed to sale a few acres that could reduce the value.

Comment

Then when that doesn't generate enough revenue make it 100 acres....then 150......then 200.......

Comment

This is exactly what it means. It is a tax grab.

Comment

Another money grab, doing away with small tract agricultural exemptions. Our county would allow 5acres ag exempt if you have 6 total.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                    Another money grab, doing away with small tract agricultural exemptions. Our county would allow 5acres ag exempt if you have 6 total.
                    Next will be CD'S and recreational vehicles. My Grandkids are going to pay lots of property and income taxes in their life time. Government is already pushing for a cashless society where they can keep up with us. JMO!
                    Last edited by doghouse; 06-13-2021, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Welcome to Tx. crook politicians.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                        You don’t understand what free country means.
                        I’ve been on this earth three quarters of a century. I saw a fairly free country, but it’s not here now. I’m not arguing that it’s not the best country in the world, but it **** sure isn’t the country I was born and raised in.

Comment

Originally posted by Nova View Post
                          This is exactly what it means. It is a tax grab.

I'm in agreement with this.

Example: Instead of breaking a 50 acre track into five 10 acre tracks (as mentioned above), it will force the breakup of a 50 acre track into 50 one acre tracks by developers, because people will not be able to afford the taxes on larger acreages. The county will get it's intended funds either way: 5 ten acre tracks or 50 one acre tracks. Which do you think the county is going to make more money on?

The above example is exactly what happened to the DFW area in between Dallas and Ft. Worth. I lived there. I watched it happen most all my life.

The point of this post by the OP was: you need to watch and know what is going on in your county. What may be of good intent to keep suburban development in check (limiting subdivisions), could have the opposite effect very easily, promoting development (subdivisions).

Comment

I recently bought some Kansas land , mainly for " recreational purposes " . Kansas is starting to add an additional tax on land in some counties if it does not have " agricultural purposes " . i don't have all the details yet , but do have a friend running some cattle on my land to keep it classified as " agricultural " .

Comment

That’s not what it means.
                              Is your 30 acres a platted lot in a subdivision?
                              Didn’t think so.

Comment

Mills co is the deep state.

Na, just typical overreaching local yokels. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X