Nice gesture by GM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deano70 View Post
    totally useless feature and you cant override the dang thing in my wife's car. maybe we can sell GM back the chip from our vehicles so we wont have that feature?????
    That's a thought. Not the selling back, but taking the chip out. I wonder if removing it would disable anything else, or if it just runs the autostop deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post

It doesn't.
      I'd buy a ford before I put up with that. I might even buy a dod....nope. Maybe a Toyota.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        I'd buy a ford before I put up with that. I might even buy a dod....nope. Maybe a Toyota.

I just hit the dang disable button every time. That way I don't have to drive one of those other things.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
          I would gladly pay $50 for my wife's car to not do this. There is no override. I have had it shut off in the driveway when I stop, turn back on when I put it in park, then I shut the motor off.
          $200, but I'm about to get one anyway.

Comment

My new Jeep has that feature...didn't even know about it till I thought my jeep turned off at the stoplight and got my heart pumping (saleman didn't tell me about it). But it has a little avengers logo button to turn it off. I called the saleman back to ask about it...he had nothing but praise for it and assured the starter was designed to handle the constant on/off.

Comment

Ford has it. Hate it.

Comment

They got em too. Wifes expedition has that stupidshat in it. Push the start button then the button to turn that bullscat off. Wonder when it'll need a starter?!

Comment

Has anyone tried to sell they chips back to GM lol

Dont have this issue with diesel.........yet.
                  Last edited by denimdeerslayer; 06-09-2021, 12:35 PM.

Comment

You can remove the switch (button) on the F150's and jumper the switch and never bother with it again. I did it on mt 2018 company truck 3 years ago. There's a youtube video about it. It takes 5 minutes.

Comment

Now if GM can blame chip shortage on deactivation and remove that feature, will have a great truck again!

Comment

The start stop and cylinder deactivation cause more problems than the fuel they claim to save

Comment

I'm in the market for a new one. That is one feature that i don't want.

Comment

So... spend $50,000 - $75,000 on a new truck but they are going to drop it by $50? Wow that is generous.

Comment

Always wondered how the AC works at a long red light with that dumb *** feature...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              My wifes Escape does it and as soon as the air starts to blow anything but cold the engine turns back on.

Comment

I'd never buy a vehicle that does that. Makes me chuckle when we're at a stoplight and hear that lol.

My wife's 2019 armada doesn't do it and we're glad. Just good ol 5.6 liter NA gas guzzler.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X