West Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

West Texas

Dad went out to Dryden this week. Built a cover to get us out of the sun in the midday October bow hunts. He also dropped off a new outhouse and installed an air conditioner. As soon as he got the structure up it started to hail on him like mad. His cover saved the mule and truck the same day it was built. Looking forward to the season already. Last year we had pigs show up so I’ll be looking for them around august.

Roads were pretty muddy. On the way in so it’s been raining out that way a while.

Now we just need a quieter generator.
    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice! I love all that country. If it keeps raining out there we are either going to wash away or be able to cut hay before long.. lol. Looks like you guys are good to go either way. Enjoy and keep posting the progress pics. Seems like the projects never end in that country.

Comment

Wow !!! A/C in an outhouse.............

Comment

That cover will sure be nice. Good to hear about the rain, get amistad up before it starts getting hot.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
            Wow !!! A/C in an outhouse.............
            Haha I see what I did there.

Comment

Originally posted by spread5150 View Post
              Haha I see what I did there.
              Sorry man............'scuse me
              Something, just comes over me...............
              It's a sickness...................

btw that's a really nice place..........
              I'll bet it's quiet, out there.......

Comment

Nice! Congrats on the place!

Comment

Very nice place. Good timing indeed on getting that covered frame built. After living in Montana I’ve grown very fond of having metal structures around to park trucks and tractors under when storms arrive. The house I lived in got hammered by grapefruit size hail.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                    Sorry man............'scuse me
                    Something, just comes over me...............
                    It's a sickness...................

btw that's a really nice place..........
                    I'll bet it's quiet, out there.......
                    Dad has had the place some 25 years. It used to be a real sight to see another vehicle on a hill miles off. Now every other hill has a blind. We are lucky to have great neighbors out there. We communicate and it helps being so many miles from anything.

No real sign of border walkers on our place. We are so close to the border they prob wanna get past us and keep going. We have seen them before though.

Lots of whitetail last year. Pigs showed up too. That was a first. You never know what you will see in west texas. Could be a elk walking over the hill. Could be a bear. Most times it’s just a whole mess of quail that sound bigger than all those things I just listed.

It is still away and I love it.

Comment

Are you folks south of 90 by Dryden?? On boot legged road?

Comment

We are south of 90. Bout 5 miles in. Never heard it called boot leg road. Road is just a hair west of Dryden.

Comment

Working...
                        X