Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School me on Ham Radios.

Call Sign: KI5NZL

Kids at school want to start an amateur radio club. Think I’m going to gather info, and gsin experience this spring and summer, get my general so i can help admin exams (plus 2 more observers), and then work on getting started in the fall.

Comment

Anyone use a buddipole portable?

Comment

I programmed all the Big Bend area repeaters and frequencies into my radio for our trip this weekend. Still waiting for a test to get my license, but I like listening to others on it for now. Figured it would be a good source for emergency traffic if need be. Cell service isn’t available out in our area. They do have repeaters up on the mountain tops that service the radios though. I stored everything from the local repeaters to the SO, Border Patrol and National Parks service.

Comment

Is anyone in East Texas offering licensing classes. I would enjoy having it as a option.

Comment

We have 2 custom built mobile units with small solar charging setups that we had built a while back in pelican cases along with several handhelds that have had some custom work done to them. Dont think we have ever used them and not even sure which barn they are in at the moment, LOL We had them built for emergency purposes.

Comment

Once I am licensed, I’ll be installing a mobile unit in my pickup. For now I’m just carrying a handheld for emergencies and scanning.

Comment

Just passed my General!!

Woohoo!

Comment

The amount of radio traffic on my handheld in big bend was great! Cell phones are a no go in most of that country so I left my radio on scan just to pickup whatever traffic I could. It was pretty steady. Definitely a viable form of communication in that country.

Comment

Working...
                  X