Grizzly death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grizzly death

A Montana backcountry guide has died after he was mauled by a large grizzly bear that was probably defending a nearby moose carcass just outside Yellowstone National Park, officials said Monday. Charles “Carl” Mock, 40, who lived in the park gateway community of West Yellowstone, died Saturday, two days after he was attacked while fishing alone in a forested area along the Madison River several miles north of West Yellowstone, Gallatin County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Christine Koosman said.

Sad and yes, a grizzly way to die.

Comment

Sad deal for sure

Comment

Wow very sad, and a painful way to go.

Comment

Sad, for sure........
          Gotta be a terrible way to go.........
          They should, open it up to hunting.........

Comment

West Yellowstone is a beautiful place, we always stop there each year going to races in the North West. Fishing up there is phenomenal.

Comment

Getting to be that time of year. Unfortunate for that fellar!

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                Sad, for sure........
                Gotta be a terrible way to go.........
                They should, open it up to hunting.........

If only we could. Had a plan and a season in place.
                We have deaths almost every year from grizz.

Comment

Sounds like the bear spray wasn't effective.

Comment

I don't go into the mountains up here without being prepared for a grizzly attack. There are just too many of them up here but the anti's have the ear of the feds unfortunately so hunting them in the near term is not going to happen.

I don't know how many people it will take getting mauled and killed for the powers to be realize that the science does not lie and they are, in fact, fully recovered and should be managed by the states just like the other wildlife species.

Comment

Hunting grizzlies is not allowed. But lawmakers from Idaho, Montana and Wyoming are trying to force wildlife officials to lift protections so the bears can be hunted.
                      This quote from the above article is nearly completely false. I wish there was a way to hold media sources accountable.

Comment

Terrible. Just terrible. Side arm would have been a big help I’m sure.

Comment

Ouch
                          Prayers for his friends and family

Comment

Heading up to Montana next year for Mule or Elk. My dad has an M11 so I think I will sling that loosely around my body and fill her with these. 2 3/4 version.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I have a good friend that hunts on the Triangle X ranch in Wyoming and they hunt up to the Yellowstone border on their hunting trips. They have had to let more than one grizzly have an elk carcass after being shot. They are bad during elk season , he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X