No announcement yet.

Learning to age teeth so why not another age thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This pretty well says it all, you have about a 50/50 chance of being right, but by the time you look at the teeth the deer is already dead. I age mine on the hoof, and if I get a couple minutes to look at him, I’ll know if I want to pull the trigger or not.

Comment

Learning to age teeth so why not another age thread

This is only pic I have of B on the hoof. Don’t have one of A except for LDP.

Thx for the input guys. I know there are so many variables that can make it very inaccurate but just something we wanted to start paying attention too to see if it confirms somewhat what we see on the hoof. These came off a place that belongs to a friend that for last several years he only let us shoot doe. This year he identified these crab claws he said we could shoot. We were lucky in that both deer showed up in same day for us.
      Last edited by Mjjust; 12-20-2020, 10:19 AM.

Comment

This was posted a while back, thought it was pretty interesting.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
          This was posted a while back, thought it was pretty interesting.
          Probably from the same study in Post #16.

There is actually a pretty detailed abstract presentation on that study on the CKWRI site, but it isn’t easy to find.

Comment

What Is the best way to age a deer on the hoof. I know if it,s old by the short nose and color, gray? Right and a young deer but how about 3-6 yr olds??????

Comment

Working...
            X