No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it even open? I thought as a state park it might be closed down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Not technically a state park but it might be closed anyway. I PM’d Jason to ask.

Comment

TPWD site says it’s open.

Comment

Jason says open for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mjjust View Post
            Jason says open for now.

That’s good to hear.

Comment

Thanks guys. If anybody knows any good bank fishing spots let me know. Also can you drive in to where the cage is?

Comment

Well as far as turkey go. I gave 'em hell last week and nothing responded to a call unless they were on roost. I had 3 gooble back and respond late morning but they were across the lake. I saw jakes beating up an old tom so I am wondering of the big guys are keeping quiet. Some were henned up already also.

Comment

So are the camp areas all open? Thinking about making a run up there next week for a couple days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
                    So are the camp areas all open? Thinking about making a run up there next week for a couple days.

No as far as I know there is no overnight camping allowed. There are signs posted everywhere saying no camping.

Comment

That is the only restriction on Twin Buttes at this time that I am aware of.

Comment

Well that sucks a fat one.

Comment

Any recommendations on units that hold turkeys?

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                            Any recommendations on units that hold turkeys?

Plannin to give it a shot aleatory next week

Comment

How’s the water level looking this year? I see looking online that it’s about 4-5 ft lower than this time last year. Are some of Yuen’s sunken hunting grounds starting to become available again?

Comment

Originally posted by Dukota01 View Post
                                How’s the water level looking this year? I see looking online that it’s about 4-5 ft lower than this time last year. Are some of Yuen’s sunken hunting grounds starting to become available again?

Drove out last Saturday. Some of the areas we plan to dove hunt the water has receded around 100 yds from its high spot. Not enough to expose huge areas to deer hunt but the vegetation is low where the water has receded so should make easier finding birds. That’s problem with deer hunting. Even if water recedes a lot more there isn’t going to be any cover for deer in any old spots. Regardless, still like seeing the lake with lots of water even if it reduces hunting area.

Comment

Working...
                                X