Traditional FSC Week 36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSC Week 36

So this week it is only fitting for our targets to be dove! I hope everyone is able to get out at least once to chase them on this long labor day weekend.

I have been trying to shoot at distance lately and trying to tighten my groups to make my hunting distance shots something I can do in my sleep. So Im gonna stick with that theme.

Print Target on 8.5x11 printer paper (landscape is best orientation)

2 cold shots a day for 3 days for best score.
    1st shot @ 30 yards standing at Mourning Dove.
    2nd Shot @ 25 at white wing either Sitting in your favorite chair or kneeling.

Measure from edge of shaft to center of red bullseye. Lowest combined score for 3 days is the winner.

For those that dont feel comfortable at these distances just use the maximun distance your feel confident flinging some arrows. Same with the kiddos.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by straightGrizzly; 09-01-2019, 10:01 AM. Reason: Additional info

Great call Grizz!

Comment

Sounds like a plan! I'll have to open the gate to the yard to get a 30yd lane.

Richard

Comment

Well I got it back azzwards. I was standing at 25 and seated at 30. No measurements as I wasn't even close.
        Not to mention wrong positions. At least I hit the paper at 25.

Gary

Comment

Day one: 5 1/4”
          30 yd: 2 3/8”
          25 yd: 2 7/8”

I couldnt get the landscape set right from iphone to printer...so I went as close as possible to capture entire birds.

All the birds flying around here right now are locally resident. Weve resident (Inca)Scaled dove year round but theyre protected and/or not legal for harvest. When the random Whitewing flocks move through...they chase off the Scaled dove ...then once gone...the Scaled move back in. Good thing for identification is White wing are considerably larger and the Scaled dove are reddish and rarely fly high...they like the brush cover better than high flight.
          Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:16 AM.

Comment

^^^^^^Nice shooting, Briar ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

__________________________________________________ __________

Day1

30y standing low dead center, 25y sitting, wrong dove

Comment

Some good shooting gentlemen.
              Guess I suck shooting at doves as much with a bow as I do with a shotgun. Never can get the lead right. To much and infront of them or behind them. [emoji2]
              25 is the left arrow.

Gary

Comment

I’m going to be happy if I hit the paper, lol. Nice shooting, everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
                  I’m going to be happy if I hit the paper, lol. Nice shooting, everyone!
                  X2

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Just for giggles I took down my target and shot my horse stall mat back stop. There was an incredible amount of difference in penetration from 15 to 30 yards with the most dramatic difference between 25 and 30.
                    Makes me wish I could hack 10 or 15 pounds more of draw weight.

Gary

Comment

Day 2: 13 1/2”
                      30: 10 1/2”
                      25: 3”

Running total: 18 3/4”
                      Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Day 1: Grand total of 2.5"

I suspect that my day 2 & 3 Shots will show this to be the fluke that it is

Gonna follow up with both 2&3 tomorrow as I will be out of pocket til the 9th starting tomorrow afternoon.

Great shooting so far guys, I know this one was a bit of a doozy.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Nice shots, Grizz

Comment

Excellent shooting, Grizz!

Comment

Day2: not even in the running. First shot extremely low

Last edited by TXRebel; 09-04-2019, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X