No announcement yet.

Deer jerkey diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I try to eat low carb and occasionally snack on homemade deer jerky but not too often because of the sodium. I never eat store bought jerky AKA salt & sugar sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
      Fatal flaw in that diet, aside from the salt, is that it's impossible to have a pile of jerky around the house and not eat it all in 48 hours or less.
      There is wisdom in this post sir.

Comment

Make your jerky using ground deermeat and it will be easier to chew.

Comment

I say go for it of course you need to supplement and keep the salt intake low. Let us know how you do. I personally think if done right you can get some good results.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            Fatal flaw in that diet, aside from the salt, is that it's impossible to have a pile of jerky around the house and not eat it all in 48 hours or less.
            this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              I couldn't afford that diet. My deer jerky usually ends up to be around $300 a pound.

Sheet of plywood
              coated ornament wire
              Amaze smoker and what ever wood flavor you love

Make a box out of ply wood. String up the seasoned/cure added meat and light the amaze. I do a whole Pronghorn or deer in 1.5 days or less .

Sea Salt and pepper

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                Sheet of plywood
                coated ornament wire
                Amaze smoker and what ever wood flavor you love

Make a box out of ply wood. String up the seasoned/cure added meat and light the amaze. I do a whole Pronghorn or deer in 1.5 days or less .

Sea Salt and pepper
                I was actually talking about the total cost of hunting divided by pounds of meat. [emoji16]

Comment

For real, your body will absolutely starve without adequate fat or carbs

Keto is high fat low carb. High protein low carb low fat is no bueno.

Comment

After 7 days of no movement warrington begins to pray to the almighty for the ability to once again take a dump.

Comment

Originally posted by JTCowpoke View Post
                      Your turds will come out like rocks.
                      I freaking spit beer when I read this.

Richard.

Comment

If you make jerky out of meat it dries out the fat by removing water from the fat but the fat is still there. Eating jerky would be no different than just eating venison steaks every meal. It’s low fat bc venison is naturally low in fat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You'll get scurvy

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                            Low fat, low carb, high protein will eventually kill you, it's rabbit starvation.

You need either fat or carbs for fuel.
                            Yep, gotta have the fat.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              I was actually talking about the total cost of hunting divided by pounds of meat. [emoji16]
                              Oohhh lol gotcha. Shoot more deer

Comment

I'm reading a book that was written in 1900 about the early settlers of Texas and Indian fighters, and there are several stories where they mention eating Jerky and dipping it in honey.
                                I guess back then there were a lot of bee's and honey was plentiful while tromping through the countryside.
                                Texas had a lot of black bears also roaming the hill country of central Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X