No announcement yet.

Finally starting to make Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand 100% where you are coming from. I ran split finger, glove, no "known" process, and instinctive since I started shooting trad (about 18 years) and last year did a 180 on every single thing switching to 3under, tab, a somewhat laid out process and gapping. Recently, I underwent even bigger changes (to me) to change everything up completely with my draw cycle and having a set process start to finish.
    In saying all that, although it has sucked, I'm glad I've done it because having a system from beginning to end makes shooting much more comfortable in a sense of not having to worry if everything is going right. Still haven't gotten it all perfected but putting pieces of the puzzle together quicker than expected and am ready to see the true full, final results of it all.

Keep at it sir, it will pay off in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by MedicineMan7 View Post
      I understand 100% where you are coming from. I ran split finger, glove, no "known" process, and instinctive since I started shooting trad (about 18 years) and last year did a 180 on every single thing switching to 3under, tab, a somewhat laid out process and gapping. Recently, I underwent even bigger changes (to me) to change everything up completely with my draw cycle and having a set process start to finish.
      In saying all that, although it has sucked, I'm glad I've done it because having a system from beginning to end makes shooting much more comfortable in a sense of not having to worry if everything is going right. Still haven't gotten it all perfected but putting pieces of the puzzle together quicker than expected and am ready to see the true full, final results of it all.

Keep at it sir, it will pay off in the end!
      Hold on. So your going from a kick *** archer to even more kick *** archer?

Sweetinlow...thanks for describing your anchor...Youve inspired me to try some anchor adjustment to mimic for similar sighting methods. Ive tried a few higher points but whack my nose and lips. That gets old...quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
        Glad to see its working out for you. I've been shooting a bow the same way for 60 years. I'm too old to change now.
        If it ain't broke . . . .

Gary

Comment

Shot again last night and improved to a 180 with No dropped targets and only two 5s. These changes have made a world of difference just hope that it doesn't fall apart in October.

Comment

That's awesome, and ballsy to try this close to season. Glad to hear that much of a change is working for you and that you are continuing to improve. I've had quite a few "instant gratification" moments shooting over the last 4 years but they never stick, probably just flukes. It's great that you're making steady progress.

Richard.

Comment

Working...
            X