No announcement yet.

Ramps for loading a tractor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back the trailer into a ditch or a tank dam and drive it on.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
      No bucket on it yet and no ramps here in Lubbock or Abilene or Temple! I need some by Wednesday early and shipping to get them there Tuesday is over half the cost of the ramps. I need something in a hurry!

What about Waco or FTW? Add half hour or so to your commute but would have ramps. Midland and Odessa stores have them but little out of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

what old goat said. A small ditch, hill, any sloped surface, sometimes a curb is enough.

Sometimes the rear wheels will climb and you just need some ramps that can be made from scrap lumber for the much lighter front end of tractor.

Look over your options there is no rule that the tractor has to be loaded frontwards, sometimes it is easier to get it up on the trailer by backing it on and hauling it back wards.

You can buy a 16' long 2x8, 10 or 12 and have Home depot cut it into 4' lengths. Nail them together for 2 strong wood ramps Should do the trick until you can have some steel ones fabricated for your needs. If that does not seem strong enough buy a couple of concrete blocks to support the middle.

When you get it on make sure it is parked where there is enough weight on the front of the trailer or you will get the wiggles when you get up to speed.

good Luck and be safe

Comment

I’ve got to work Wednesday or I could bring mine to you in DeLeon. Stephenville isn’t too far so if you can pick mine up and drop them off on your way out, you are welcome to them.

Comment

I have some heavy ramps I can sell you cheaper than retail. I'm about an hour east of Temple.

In fact, I can meet you half way at Greens Sausage House in Zabcikville.
            Last edited by Dusty Britches; 07-06-2020, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X