Things to do around Waco/Temple with young children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are going to be making a stop somewhere around the Waco/Temple area for the night on our way to Austin tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone had any sort of ideas on a places/places we could go in that area for entertainment for the little ones. We have a 2 year old and I'd like her to experience something new.

I was going to suggest the Texas Rangers museum but she is probably a little young for that

Comment

There is the zoo in Waco

Comment

Temple not much, Waco has the Zoo, the Mayborn kids museum at Baylor, some good parks on the river, Mammoth site, trampoline place(which will be packed on the weekend).

Comment

The Mayborn Musuem in Waco is good for the littles. Cameron Park Zoo is good too.
          Only thing with Waco is all the dang construction. Not much around Temple other than typical arcade, movies, etc.

Comment

Mennonite homestead
            Mammoth dig

you can google 'em

Comment

There’s a train museum in Temple I hear is good for the little ones

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                Temple not much, Waco has the Zoo, the Mayborn kids museum at Baylor, some good parks on the river, Mammoth site, trampoline place(which will be packed on the weekend).
                This should fit the bill. I was gonna suggest top golf but too young for that

Comment

Lake Waco has a wetlands habitat out near China Springs. It’s on the west side of the lake. May wanna call before you go to see if they are flooding it out. Use to stay flooded year round but last time I checked the weren’t pumping water through it. If they are, it’s a cool nature hike to see waterfowl and wild life. If you have binos, they have tower blinds you can bird watch from. I’m not a bird watcher but it’s an outdoor activity at lease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Excellent suggestions. Thank you everyone.

Comment

Temple has a new Children’s Museum. It’s in a temporary location while their brand new facility is under construction. It’s geared towards 0-8 years old. They’re only open on the 1st and 2nd saturdays of each month from 9-11 and you need to make a reservation.

The Waco suggestions are spot on though. Only issue there is the traffic blows right now with the construction. She’ll have fun though. I’ve got a 7, 2, and 6 month old. We live in Temple and we’ve done all those things and the kids enjoyed them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cameron Park Zoo. Go check out the bears at Baylor Univ. I'm not sure if Buzzard Billy's is still there, but feeding the catfish and turtles from the back deck of the restaurant is pretty fun for kids (and adults).
                        Last edited by BayouCat; 01-28-2022, 10:42 AM. Reason: correct info

Comment

Working...
                        X