Furniture Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Furniture Rant

So this past Tuesday was my wife and I's anniversary. We had decided before that we would spend all day hanging out in Victoria window shopping and eventually having dinner.
    The day was going very well and we decided to kill some time we would look at some living room furniture, mainly a recliner for me. We go into the Ashely store on Navarro and start looking around. The salesperson, Angie, was great. I tell her I am looking for a recliner that "Speaks to me" when I sit down. Not finding anything that really WOWS me in Ashley, we step next door to 5th and Home. There I sit in a recliner and know immediately THIS IS THE ONE. My wife and Angie both laugh because my facial expression changed when I sat down. I have each of them sit down and theirs changes as well. We talk about it a little and decide that we will buy it, plus the price was really good.
    We go up to the counter and purchase it and are told that there are 5 in stock at the warehouse. So we say we will go pick it up, its only about 2 miles away. We get to the warehouse and are told it is "Contactless" and we do not have to get out of the truck. I lower the tailgate and back into the Customer Pickup bay.
    The warehouse guy loads it up, brings me the paperwork, I sign it and we head home.
    We get home and unload the chair only to find out that the ONLY thing correct about it is the COLOR. We immediately get on the phone and explain what has happened. It wasn't until Wednesday that things really got crazy.
    We explain that my wife is out of town with her mom and medical procedures and that I work 65 miles from home and cannot be available until after 6pm every evening. We are told No Problem that they can work around that. Then it turns south. Heading home yesterday afternoon I get a call from the delivery office stating they have us schedule for an exchange between 11 to 3 on Friday, to which I state No You Don't. I explain the circumstances again and the lady says she will call me back. I then get a text message from the Asst. Manager stating they could not meet our timeframe.
    I call her and we discuss it. It is now 6 pm and I inform her that she has 24 hours (6pm on Thursday) to come up with a plan that MEETS out schedule because they messed up not us. If they don't have a plan I will be at their door when they open on Saturday with this WRONG recliner expecting a FULL REFUND.
    Ten minutes later I get a call from the manager and we go through this again. He assures me he will do everything he can to meet our time schedule, even having it delivered to us on Saturday morning. I also explained to him that this is the 2nd time they have screwed up on orders for us, and the 1st time was the wrong fabric on an entire living room set that we had purchased. I also explained that our $1000 purchase is being treated very poorly and that they will lose MORE than just this purchase. I remind him that the funny thing about Social Media is that it is seen WORLD WIDE...
    It is now 8:30 am and the clock is still ticking. I guess time will tell as to if I am going to Victoria on Saturday morning or if they are coming to Yoakum...

Do what you want, but my advice is stay as FAR AWAY from Ashley Furniture in Victoria, Texas as you possibly can....

Rant Over... Carry On...

I am confused??? In your post you said you couldn’t find the chair you wanted at Ashley, so you went to the store next to it??????? So how is Ashley to blame for this???

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
      I am confused??? In your post you said you couldn’t find the chair you wanted at Ashley, so you went to the store next to it??????? So how is Ashley to blame for this???

Bisch

I think the stores are connected.

Ashley seemed better when they just made furniture for store to sell, I’ve hear nothing but horrible things about their branded stores

Comment

Men and furniture don’t mix. When my wife met me 27 years ago, I had an empty keg with a road sign on it as a table.

Comment

We had an experience similar with them.

Bought 2 recliners and our bed/mattresses from them.

When they came to put the bed together, I told them I do not care how it is done, I want it right and do not scratch the floor.

Well they did not scratch the floor but they did the bed. We fought and fought and finally once we told them we were going to stop payment and they could come get the stuff, they changed their tone.

The recliners are pieces of junk now after 2 years. Poorly made and just did not hold up well.I told the ol lady we will deal with the locals before I drive back down there.

Comment

I'm surprised Ashley are still in business. My brother and sister in-law had a similar experience as the OP. We will not shop there for sure!

Comment

When I read this part, "We go into the Ashely store" I knew how this story would end, with frustration. Everything I've read and heard about Ashley is how terrible they are. Sorry for your troubles.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

Bisch

Yes they are connected.

Comment

I am building a house and I chose to spend more with Gallery Furniture than waste time at Ashley bc of so many stories just like this. The wife was not happy with me stating that we would not be buying so much as a rug from Ashley. That was quickly forgotten when she found some items she really liked at Gallery.

Comment

Bought two couches the other day at the Dump up by DFW. I wanted to take them home that day and the sales guy warned me several times, "cut the packaging and make sure this is the furniture you paid for right there on the dock because once you leave with it, you own it." Told him I've been burned before and know that lesson but appreciated the heads up.

Comment

I got a call from the Delivery Office earlier and they ask if there was any way I could be available this afternoon. I gave them a window of 5:30 pm to 6:15 pm that I would be available. I was told THEY WOULD BE THERE.
                      IF they show up you can bet they will OPEN the box BEFORE it leaves the truck. If it is NOT right they will get to haul it back to Victoria and I will be there First Thing Saturday morning for a FULL refund and will let them know how much money they will be losing because of their INADEQUATE Customer Service..
                      We shall see if they can right this...
                      More to come..

Comment

Ashley Furniture is junk.
                        spent a very large $$ with them.
                        Problems from day one
                        Wrong items delivered
                        Poor quality even though we bought “top of the line”
                        Worthless warranty
                        “Real” leather turns out to be bonded and peels off.

I feel bad for the delivery people that have to deal with angry customers and constantly wrong/shoddy furniture.

Comment

Before I opened this thread I knew it would be about Ashley furniture. One awful experience for us and I've never been back.

Comment

I would suggest lazy boy, never cared for Ashley.

Comment

Ashley is the Dallas Dodge of the furniture world.

Comment

Working...
                              X