Oh My Goodness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh My Goodness

I got a call this morning that one of my clients is thinking he is wanting 100 acres with a home on the property. He is looking in east Texas. He is wanting a good size tank/pond and mostly wooded to do some deer hunting on it. I found something he might be inteseted in, but seems like a city boy Realtor listed it based on the description, and that it was listed as a residential property. I sent him an email with questions:

Me:
    I have a client looking for a property and this property is on the radar, but a couple of questions. Is there wildlife on the property, i.e. deer, pigs, ducks?How large is the pond/tank, and is it stocked with fish?
    The client has about 60 acres close to Athens, but is thinking he would like to upgrade to a larger property with a home so that he can move from the DFW area and be closer to his lake house on Lake Athens.

His response:

There is no wildlife that he’s put on the 92 acres. He gets the uninvited guests (deer, snakes, etc.), but no livestock or animals he’s put on the property. I don’t think the pond is stocked, but I’ll confirm that and how big it is.

We shall see.....

Dang deer and snakes will show up.

Comment

Sounds like their first listing and they don't know squat.

Comment

Uninvited deer!!! May have to come down on the price to get it sold.

Comment

There are no uninvited deer on my place, ‘cause I invite them all !

Comment

I'm sure with the great increase in real estate activity and price, realtors have vastly increased. So, a lot of inexperience or part timers are probably "in the game".

Comment

"uninvited guests (deer, snakes, etc.)"

Comment

So.... if the deer are uninvited, would that qualify them for depridation permits? Maybe get an extended deer season.

Comment

Uninvited "guests"? Uninvited does not = guest. Sounds like they have a trespassing issue! May need to call the local sheriff or come down on price to move it.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                    Uninvited "guests"? Uninvited does not = guest. Sounds like they have a trespassing issue! May need to call the local sheriff or come down on price to move it.

Tried but the snakes kept slithering out through the bars and the deer were too fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                      Tried but the snakes kept slithering out through the bars and the deer were too fast.
                      [emoji1787]

Comment

I'd say you have an opportunity to increase your profit margin.

Comment

"know thy market...."

Comment

Sounds like a golden opportunity to low ball the price with all of the uninvited guests. If the pond is stocked just tell him your client wants a non stocked pond so the cost to remove said stocked critters will have to be taken off of the sales price. See if the seller would take the cost of a high fence off the sales price too to help keep out uninvited guests. LOL

Comment

Working...
                            X