Cologuard Test ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cologuard Test ?

How many of you here have taken this test and what do you think about it? Just had one sent to me. Thanks for any replies.

I used the cologuard about two years ago.....still had to do the regular colonoscopy. As i recall my doctor seemed to indicate that this was the case a lot of the time. I think the test frequently throws false positives. had a couple of benign polyps so i don't believe the cologuard will ever be an option for me again. Straight to the regular colonoscopy.

as for actually using the test.....as said below (just crap in a bucket and mail it off). it did have some pretty specific instructions.
    Last edited by RSW0913; 01-20-2022, 02:04 PM.

Comment

What's to think. Just crap in a bucket for a few hundred bucks.

Comment

I was told about it from my doc.
        They send a box, you mail it in......

So, sure enough I got a box in the mail, emptied the stuff out of it, pooped in the box and sent it back.

A 2yr deal I believe (if ya get negatives). I haven't been to annual check-up since COVID.

Comment

I used the Cologuard test 3 years ago. It came back positive so doctor ordered colonoscopy. Colonoscopy came back good, so I was told the the Cologuard shows a false negative in certain people, and I shouldn't ever use it again. As far as the test though, easy to use and beats the alternative if it works correctly

Comment

My doctor told me it's no substitute for a colonoscopy.

Comment

not much to it, the kit explains what to do.

Comment

My results stated that I eat way too much sweet corn

Comment

I thought this is gonna be weird. Taking a box full of crapola to the shipping story. The lady said it was her 5th one of the day.

Comment

did one a month ago and it came back negative. way better to do this every 3 years vs having to endure a 6 ft long tube where the sun don't shine.

but it was pretty funny that day dropping off the package at post office, since i also had a package to take to the company white elephant exchange. what if I had accidentally mixed up the boxes

Comment

Taking it to the Post Office is like buying a toilet plunger at the hardware store, everybody knows your situation.

Comment

All I know is the zebra corner parody of it made my side hurt. I’m no dr but can’t imagine it replacing an exam…. Or they would have…

Comment

I did it, easy peasy and came back negative.

Then radiation for prostate cancer started a couple years after. Doc explained that I should do the colonoscopy because after radiation it would be very difficult to do until a long time had passed (I don't remember how long he said but seems like a year or so) With one cancer confirmed I went ahead with the procedure. They removed one small benign polyp, which I took as confirmation that the cologuard worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                            My results stated that I eat way too much sweet corn
                            You looked at the pictures didn't you

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

It's a crap shoot...

Comment

Working...
                              X