Which spot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which spot?

With the drizzling rain today, would you hunt the bottom with winter pasture or get off in the woods and find a tree to sit down beside? Don’t have permanent blind on winter pasture, just brush blind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d hunt where I could see the most ground… I think they will be chasing alll day today and feeding or bedding won’t even be on their mind..

Comment

Bottom winter pasture, I agree with bowfishin on them chasing all day

Comment

For me it would depend on if I was rifle or bow hunting and the terrain on said piece of property.
        When bow hunting it doesn’t do any good to see deer if you cant shoot them.

Comment

Bottom for sure, our deer stick to the bottoms in rainy weather. I’d rather see 50 yards where the deer were passing through than a mile where theirs nothing.

Comment

Bottom is where we can see most country. Furthest shot will be 200yds. My oldest is on the gun. Almost there now.

Comment

wind and thermals in your favor

Comment

Winds in our face. Got one little doe in field now

Comment

Hunkered down in a bottom. Raining and peaceful

Comment

Just saw largest buck of the season and small fork horn chasing does across our bottom land hay pasture. They covered the ground quick though. 2:30pm

Comment

Originally posted by Lights Out View Post
                      Hunkered down in a bottom. Raining and peaceful

Wouldn’t take me long to go to sleep, lol

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                        Wouldn’t take me long to go to sleep, lol

It happens a lot

Comment

Good luck I like it

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

With it raining all night, would y’all try the winter pasture in the morning?

We saw 12 doe and one young buck starting about 5:15.

Comment

If they are chasing does, look for some more open areas, pastures can be good, but if you can find areas that are semi open, not heavily wooded, or thick brush. I would suspect they should be out on the hunt for does right now, and or chasing. If they are not actively chasing, they will be running scrape lines.

Right now, I would be looking for places that are semi open, with some trees, with low hanging limbs, then look for scrapes. Hunt around along the scrape line. Once you find one scrape, walk the area, that looks like the most likely direction they would travel, find other scrapes, then figure out the line they will be following. That would be a good place to set up. But you might look for other areas, that are good doe areas, that are near open areas or semi open areas.

Comment

Working...
                              X