Mcaap hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mcaap hunt

Looks like I will be hunting Mcaap again with 3 guys from here the weekend of 10-12. We will be hunting deer creek this year. Did anyone else draw?

good luck tommy!

Comment

Hunt I have always wanted to participate in, only I'd have to be within 5 yards. Anything longer I'd have to unstrung and sharpen one of my limbs.

Good luck!

Comment

I drew for 11/9 in deer creek.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold 1 View Post
          I drew for 11/9 in deer creek.

That's a good week to draw. You should have a great hunt. My week is going to be a hard hunt.

Comment

Thanks. It should be a good weekend, I have hunted Deer Creek once before several years ago. 1 guy in our group isn't going to make it because he drew a Bull Elk permit for Wichita Mtn.

Comment

I hunted the cow elk hunt there during the January hunt there this year. Didn't see nothing but bulls. When he goes on the hunt if he draws segment H tell him to go hunt the very north west corner. There is a field there that is down low and the mountains block the wind at. There were bulls down in there everyday of the hunt. I had a 400"+ bull elk in my scope and I couldn't pull the trigger. I really, really wish I had a bull elk tag. Dang cow tag. The second day I sent two bull hunters to that corner and they tag out the first 30 minutes that morning. He will have a great hunt and see a lot of elk on that hunt.

Comment

I drew Deer Creek for the weekend of 10/26-28, pretty excited about it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Horn chaser View Post
                  I hunted the cow elk hunt there during the January hunt there this year. Didn't see nothing but bulls. When he goes on the hunt if he draws segment H tell him to go hunt the very north west corner. There is a field there that is down low and the mountains block the wind at. There were bulls down in there everyday of the hunt. I had a 400"+ bull elk in my scope and I couldn't pull the trigger. I really, really wish I had a bull elk tag. Dang cow tag. The second day I sent two bull hunters to that corner and they tag out the first 30 minutes that morning. He will have a great hunt and see a lot of elk on that hunt.

Thanks, I will let him know and yes he's in the Jan. hunt.

Comment

I didn’t get drawn this year. I only put in for the last two weekends, so I’m sure that limited my chances. I went the second weekend last year. It was a good experience, but pretty miserable.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Skooter, you are right. I have been every week that the hunt is offered for bow and there are some miserable times there with minimum movement. Good luck to everyone going and I hope we have a early fall.

Comment

The last two hunts are the best to draw for sure. I have hunted almost every week they have hunts going on. This year is the 7th time I have drawn out there. Not going to complain though as any day with a chance to go after really good bucks is better than not being in the woods. I think I will leave the complaining about not seeing anything to the H hunters.

Comment

I only put in for the last 2 hunts for the last 9 years and this will be my 8th trip. It all or nothing now.

Comment

Congrats on getting drawn. I didn't get drawn but I now have 2 points for next year. Hopefully Ill get drawn then. Tell Chris to poke holes in them where they breathe this year.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
                              Congrats on getting drawn. I didn't get drawn but I now have 2 points for next year. Hopefully Ill get drawn then. Tell Chris to poke holes in them where they breathe this year.
                              He might need you to do the shooting for him then.

Comment

Working...
                              X