Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I *%#%^*# quit

This week anyway!!!!!!!

If it weren't for being able to spend Valentines Day with my wonderful wife and my sometimes acceptable children😁....... this day would've been a complete waste of a day in, at least so far, a jacked up week.........
    Got to work Monday morning only to find out my badge had been deactivated!!!!! I call my company to ask "hey, did y'all fire me and forget to tell me". They said "uhhhhhhh, no. Let me call the main office to find out what goin on"
    The main office don't open until 07:30 and since it's only 05:00, I just head back home to await the reason.
    07:40 rolls around, the office calls and lets me know that I have been hit on a random drugscreen from DISA. I say "Darlene, we don't do DISA drug screens" her reply was "I know, but this was from a company that you worked for before us........ I know, it's been almost 3 years since You worked for them but they never removed your name from their system"
    Well hell.... it sux to loose the $$$ but hey, I'll just look at it as an extra long weekend right?
    Darlene calls me about 15:00 yesterday afternoon and says " the results are in, you are green lighted, you can return to work Tuesday morning"
    I wake up, go to work and at 05:00 I am at the Badge ID office to get my badge and go into the refinery. The guard lady says " sorry, your results are not back yet" I'm like dear sweet baby Jesus let me hold my temper in!!!! I turn around and walk back to my truck and head back home until 0730 and Darlene gets into the office to sort through this latest snafu. About 08:00 she calls me and says " your badge is ready & was ready but that **%^%# lady forgot to update the computer.
    Unbelievable right????? Well, I ain't done. I get up to head back to get my badge. I walk outside and guess what........ yep, A **** FLAT TIRE on my truck!!!!!!!😡😡😡😡😡
    I, with the help of my buddy, Miguel Serrano, that happened to be driving by, change the tire out with the spare and I FINALLY head off to get my badge and go to work. I get the badge, drive into the refinery get to my office..... but we ain't done folks. As some of you know, I am in the crane and rigging industry and with all the rain, lightening, wind, tornado watches and warnings..... yeah, no work today.
    I gave up and just went home to take a nap

Hang in there, the week's just getting started.

Comment

Lol I've had my fair share of days like that. Hang in there!

Comment

Hang in there.

Comment

Dammit man, I cant help but laugh a little. That is a rough start right there. Get a cold one and wash away the day and it'll be all good.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
            Dammit man, I cant help but laugh a little. That is a rough start right there. Get a cold one and wash away the day and it'll be all good.
            Have to admit... I laughed too...
            Hang in there....The week is almost half over !!!

Comment

Yessir, I have to keep giggling to keep from bein mad when bein mad will accomplish exactly NOTHING

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post

Comment

I usually go in the backyard and choke some baby squirrels when Ive had a day like that.

Comment

Momma said there would be days like this. Yep, could be worse!
                  Sickness, Death or financial turmoil!

Comment

Momma always said there'll be days like this. At least you had a flat in your driveway I only have flats when it's raining and there is nowhere to pull over to change it.

Comment

lol sounds like a heck of a start to the week, keep your head up bud. Could always be worse.

Comment

Wow! Sounds like a reason for some "group therapy".

Comment

Epic

Comment

Hang in there, I'm in Lobtard ***** Austin all week for traning while my wife and kid are home

Comment

At least you tried. Some aren't even willing to put in that much effort.

Now you are developing character.

Comment

Working...
                              X