Nilgai 2022!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
    What is the going rate for a good Nilgai hunt? Not fancy lodging with 5 course meals and a resort pool just a good hunt with a decent place to sleep.

Thanks to the rise in popularity, the going rate is now GOING UP!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ag 96 View Post
      Just got back from the Mariposa this evening. Took this youngish bull with my 35 Whelen with some 250 gr NP hand loads. Dropped right there. Bulls were in hiding but we still had a good time.

[ATTACH]1078796[/ATTACH]

Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        The ranch owner has offered for any of us to hunt with a bow on previous trips, and he's had a few guys successful that way over the years. One guy shot one for a TV show, but he set next to a mosquito farm for like 9 hours in July...and we're out on that. If I was to try with a bow next month, I'd set up on a trail next to a hole in one of the fences like Marco suggested, but that's still hours upon hours, of setting still and hoping, during an already short trip.

The other method is to ride around on the 6 seater mule/polaris/utv thing and drink beer until we find one, sneak up on it, and shoot it with a bigass rifle....and that happens to be just my game! After all, I normally only see a lot of these guys on this hunt each year/every other year, and we like to have a good time.

We usually get our marching orders from the boss upon arrival at the ranch, and it's typically a couple meat bulls, and a trophy for someone if we find one. I'm mostly a cook, and meat hunter on this deal. I just enjoy the ride, and shoot if told to shoot.

The good doctor Jmh05 should be en route to his hunt today, and there were several other guys going to various places over the next few weeks, I hope they all check in here..
        Thats an easy choice!

Good luck

Comment

“Inexhaustible supply of Bull's live in this area!” “Lets kill a meatbull like we are supposed to” I doubt i said that , after a few beers turns into “shoot a black and blue one with a long beard” I never said that did I? “it might get loud and nasty”, “work that rifle!”, “its like aiming at a Volkswagen!” the things I might whisper too loudly into Bens ear while he is trying to shoot. but the main thing I can be heard saying that gets the shooter every-time? Just a simple “ shoot! Shoot! SHOOT!” I met Roland Smith in Mexico at a ranch called El Sauz when Randall was a toddler, its been a long party. Nobody can beat him stalking redfish

Comment

We are on the hunt holding out some nasty weather right now. Will update with pics and stuff.

Comment

I'd love to kill a nilgai. I'll be watching!

Comment

Would like to hunt/bring one home but I've never tasted the meat. I'd want to do that first before killing something that big.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                  Would like to hunt/bring one home but I've never tasted the meat. I'd want to do that first before killing something that big.
                  I’ll put nilgai against any animal in Texas. Over whitetail for sure!!! The meat is dang good

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                    I’ll put nilgai against any animal in Texas. Over whitetail for sure!!! The meat is dang good
                    It’s good but not better than elk. There are elk in Texas

Comment

I don't want to shoot another old one. They are tough. I want to shoot a young meat bull. Good luck y'all.

Comment

I ate a nilgai steak off Alberts old bull for lunch, I cooked it in a pan, a little salt, smothered it in onions, seared in butter, chupracabra rub,I ate it extremely rare. It wasn’t nearly as good as the summer sausage. Can’t come close to the young whitetail backstrap Chickenfried to me

Comment

Big bull down!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                            Big bull down!!!!!
                            oh yeah!

Comment

I need better friends. Any takers?

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                                Big bull down!!!!!

Boom!