Mower advice NEEDED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
    X2. I've had a Ferris for 3 years. Solid mower with suspension.
    I love my Kubota but the suspension on a Ferris is something else. Just glides over a yard. You wont even spill a drop of beer (or water I suppose, haven't tested it)

Comment

Scag all the way ....

Comment

I’ve got a total of 20 acres. Probably 12 is wooded. Remaining 8 has scattered trees. I mow probably 1/2 with my tractor (JD 3025) with a 5’ brush hog
        The rest I mow with my Hustler Raptor 52” & also have a Cub Cadet 46” rider
        If I were you, I wouldn’t put the $ toward a commercial grade but rather small tractor + a decent zero turn
        I don’t have commercial grade ZT & it does fine
        Not knocking those ZT’s and I would certainly buy one if I was doing it for a living mowing lawns daily several days per week
        I just don’t think a commercial grade is a must for 3-4 acres mowed once a week or every 2 weeks
        Just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
          I have a Gravely HD 44" (commercial grade) that I will be selling soon. It's a 2018 model with ~80 hours on it. PM for details if you are interested. I cut ~1.5 acres with it, all Bermuda grass, in around 40 minutes. That usually includes 5 minutes of picking up kids toys and moving swings out of the way.
          I have that same mower and LOVE IT! I knock down 3-4 acres. 30% Bermuda and 70% hill country rocks/whatever weeks grow out of rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
            Those Ferris’ are very nice, I didn’t purchase one because of dealer support not too close. I went ahead and purchased a Kubota commercial this pas summer. I also have a cub cadet 60” I bought in 2009 that has done ok but was getting tired of replacing spindles. And with only 400 plus hours I wouldn’t recommend these even though I bought it from a dealer.
            I bought a 61" Ferris zero turn with the 4 wheel suspension when I bought my 6.7 acres property 4 years ago. I mow about 4 acres with a lot of trees and limbs that are constantly falling. If the limb is less than about 1.5" in diameter I don't bother to pick it up. I change the oil, grease it and put a new set of blades on it at the start of each year. That's all I've done to it.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I hate mowing.. I have better things to do. Fence off a small yard, and enjoy your life....LOL. I turn my 12yr old loose on my old JD 777 60", 27HP kawi and he mows 3+ acres in 1.5 hrs. My next one will probably be a ferris due to the suspension.

Now My FIL will literally spend his whole Saturday on his old JD tractor w/72" 3pt finish mower slicking off his 5+ acres. Fawk that!!! I keep telling him to get a big ZTR or some goats....maybe both.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve had a Scag for years mowing 2 acres. If I ever upgrade it will be another Scag. Don’t buy Husqvarna, they are junk.

Comment

What about Exmark?

Comment

Originally posted by mako191 View Post
                    What about Exmark?
                    Exmark used to make a great mower, not sure about the new ones.

Get on any forum where guys mow for a living and Scag and John Deere are the top 2.

Comment

i agree guys i am also selling a 61 inch scag currently but i own a very small landscape company and they are the best in the industry they only other brand i would go to is dixie chopper but with all the stainless steel they are very $$$$ but they are incredible machines!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X