Catalytic convertor - round rock mechanic recommendation needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catalytic convertor - round rock mechanic recommendation needed

Need to replace both on my truck along with 2 oxygen sensors. Wow. No wonder these are getting stolen.

Anyone know a good reasonably priced mechanic in the Round Rock area? For the quotes I got today I may crawl under and try to do it myself!
    $3500 for aftermarket
    $4400 for Ford parts
    I can get 2 cats, 4 oxygen sensors on rockauto and save a lot

Where the boat ramp where they are stealing them from?

Try a can or Cataclean from the auto parts store. It worked on nissan that I tried it on. Follow directions on the can.
    Last edited by Walker; 01-25-2022, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
      Try a can or Cataclean from the auto parts store. It worked on nissan that I tried it on. Follow directions on the can.
      Ok. I'm thinking it would have to be the next tank of gas. When it started the loss of power/fuel mileage, I put some sea foam in the tank.

Comment

Don't fill up yet. If I remember right you use it with something like no more tan 8 gallons of gas in it.

Comment

Yea you use with 1/4 tank. My tank is 3/4 full but I just put seafoam in it before the code threw. Can I mix the 2 when I hit 1/4 tank or need to burn it all out first then put a little new gas in?

Comment

Heck, I don't know the answer to that.

Comment

You will have a check engine light in a few months if you go with aftermarket converters

Comment

Not in Round Rock but a stand up guy and shop in Austin, Yost Automotive II. There are two of them in Austinright down the street from each other but go to Yost II. The shop managers name is Mark Johnson and is a terrific guy that will not gouge you at all.

Comment

$3500 for aftermarket
                  $4400 for Ford parts
                  I can get 2 cats, 4 oxygen sensors on rockauto and save a lot
                  You can go to rock auto, get the part number, then Google the part number and save even more. I use Advanced Autoparts website because they offer i believe 15% off online orders, pick up in store.

Comment

Round Rock Muffler

Talk to Nathan. He has saved me a lot of $$ over the years on various repairs. I used to bring him a deer or two each year, but I haven't been over that way in a couple years. I'm planning on taking our Bronco to him for some custom exhaust work soon.

Comment

What brand/model of truck? I have complete systems for a 08 super duty and a 16 super duty diesel.

Comment

E&T automotive.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                          Round Rock Muffler

Talk to Nathan. He has saved me a lot of $$ over the years on various repairs. I used to bring him a deer or two each year, but I haven't been over that way in a couple years. I'm planning on taking our Bronco to him for some custom exhaust work soon.
                          Originally posted by Yelladog View Post
                          E&T automotive.
                          Thanks will check them both out when I decide to get the work done. Going to try the cataclean when my tank get low enough for it.

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
                            What brand/model of truck? I have complete systems for a 08 super duty and a 16 super duty diesel.
                            2011 F150 with 5.0l engine

Comment

Why do you think you need 2 cats? Year make?

Comment

Working...
                              X