Couple of trail cam pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of trail cam pics

Went to pull SD card this morning and there was a dead rabbit laying right in front of the camera. It just had a little hair pulled out. Wondered if there would be any indication of what might have happened, and got one picture of a Hawk on it. Something must have spooked it, for it to leave the rabbit lying there. The red pile you see is a big glob of what was left after my wife and I making wild plum jelly Saturday. Thought it would be funny to see what might mess with it. What is left is sour tasting as all get out! So far, a rabbit and this coyote seemed to enjoy the flavor. Come to think of it, that might be what killed the rabbit! Haha
    Attached Files

Cool pics

Comment

Savage wild

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
        Savage wild
        We live just barely outside of town. But it’s a jungle right outside the back door if you are small prey!

Comment

Originally posted by bugleboy View Post
          We live just barely outside of town. But it’s a jungle right outside the back door if you are small prey!
          There’s a hawk i regularly see hunting mice in the median of I-35 on the north side of Ft. Worth w/ traffic all around him. Highway medians are bad places for vermin as well.

Comment

thats cool. Saw a hawk grab a mouse on the median of Hwy 290 today.

Comment

One of my lease members sent this- he killed a pig last weekend and decided to put a game camera on the carcass to see what came in and got this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	eagle.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	343.7 KB
ID:	24674285

Comment

Cool pictures, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                  One of my lease members sent this- he killed a pig last weekend and decided to put a game camera on the carcass to see what came in and got this:

[ATTACH]1077634[/ATTACH]
                  That’s awesome! Some friends of mine hunted last weekend south of Vernon. They said they spotted three bald eagles.

Comment

I am guessing the hawk got the rabbit somewhere and dropped it in front of the camera and was about to eat it. Then may have moved on.

Comment

Update: Rabbit was gone when I got home from work, so I pulled the chip to see if I could tell what took it. Looks like the hawk came back to claim it’s prize.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X