No announcement yet.

Middle of North Texas Hunting Thread....Season 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one has us excited. If he doesn't get shot, he will be special in 4 or 5 years.
    Attached Files

Comment

Dale we aren't seeing much either. I think were renaming the place to 8 Point Ranch.

Mike, those are some good looking animals.

Comment

Foard County Hunting

I've been a member to TBHA for awhile, but never posted anything. Here we go. I've hunted Foard and Knox Counties for most of my adult life. I don't live near the area, but we still have family land there and make 4 to 5 hunting trips a year. We were up in that area over Labor Day and killed plenty of dove. You really needed to have access to sunflower fields and some water to do any good. As far as the deer go, we just got feeders and cameras up and running, so nothing to report there.

Comment

Not a lot of bids out west in Haskell county but some to be seen. Deer are fat as ticks and fawns looked abundant and healthy.

ac

Comment

3 pallets of corn later feeders are filled still got a lot of work to do before the season starts it feels like but there is always work to be done. No luck with dove or teal this past weekend but the bass were hungry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Deer are still fat and happy, hoping for a wall hanger this year! Disregard the date my camera got jacked up when I changed the batteries………..

Comment

Got a mature 10 and a 4.5 year old 11 coming in along with several 8s and smaller bucks. First one of the two to show up will probably get an arrow sling it’s way. No pigs. Why? Cause I’m the only one who’s got panels on the lease.

Saw only 3 dove two weekends ago but the bass were biting good. Caught 30 out of a 1/2 acre stock tank. Most were 1-2lb bodies with larger heads on them. Need to cull some out of the herd.

Comment

Originally posted by PoppinPiggies View Post
                  Deer are still fat and happy, hoping for a wall hanger this year! Disregard the date my camera got jacked up when I changed the batteries………..

That is a toad for north central Texas!

Comment

Anyone had much luck with mineral licks in this area? If so, which one(s)?

I've used trophy rock with good results in Kansas but they done seem to care much for it here. I've tried a trace mineral block form TSC and not had much luck with it either. Considering a plain old salt block.

Comment

Looks like the bucks are getting testy. Would have loved to see the end of this sequence.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I got a few interesting deer on this last round of pics, and a couple pics of a group of 4 aoudad.

Comment

Looking forward to our trip up to Throckmorton County in November. It's always a blind trip for us though as we don't have any cameras running. I'm hoping the giant I saw last season by the river is still around.

Comment

Our annual October bowhunt in Baylor County. Deer looking the best I've seen in 15 years.

Comment

Following this year!!

Here are a few in Jack County!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Nice to see some good deer! We have turned into 8 point ranch. Heck I have seen a 8 inch spike. First one of those in years.
                                Dale, I wished we had an aoudad walk thru sometime.

Comment

Working...
                                X